Bennington College is currently accepting applications for the 2023/2024 edition of the Young Writers Awards. Bennington College has an exceptional literary heritage, boasting an impressive list of accomplished writers who have emerged from its programs.
This includes twelve Pulitzer Prize winners, three U.S. poet laureates, four MacArthur Geniuses, numerous New York Times bestsellers, and even two individuals recognized as Time magazine’s 100 most influential people.
Bennington College Young Writers Awards 2023-2024
To commemorate and continue this esteemed legacy, Bennington College initiated the Young Writers Awards. The primary objective of this competition is to encourage and celebrate excellence in writing among high school students. By hosting this event, we aim to acknowledge and honor noteworthy accomplishments in the realm of high school writing.
Benefits of Bennington College Young Writers Awards
- First-place winners in each category receive $1,000
- Second-place winners receive $500
- Third-place winners receive $250.
- Every year, students in grades 9-12 have the opportunity to participate in one category and submit their work in the following categories
- Poetry: A compilation of three poems of any length. The poems should be typed, and each page must clearly show the name of the author.
- Fiction: A short story of 1,500 words or less or a one-act play not exceeding 30 minutes of performance time. The short story must be typed and double spaced with each page clearly showing the author’s name.
- Nonfiction: A personal or academic essay of 1,500 words or less. Stories and non-fiction must be typed and double-spaced with each page clearly showing the name of the author.
- All submissions must be original pieces and must be reviewed, endorsed, and supported by a high school teacher. In case of any queries, they will reach out to your sponsoring teacher as a point of contact for the competition. For homeschooled students, ensure to find a mentor who can sponsor your writing.
- Entries are welcomed from both U.S. and international students.
- All submissions need to be presented in the English language.
- Bennington College is open to receiving entries that are simultaneously submitted to other competitions. They acknowledge and value the fact that you may be participating in multiple contests with your YWA entry. However, they kindly request that you submit your entry in only one category for the YWA.
How to Apply For Bennington College Young Writers Awards
When applying, carefully and accurately fill out the application form.
To apply for the award click here
To get more details about the program, visit the official website.
November 1, 2023.
More Related Content
- Content Writer Jobs with Visa Sponsorship In USA – APPLY NOW
- Writer Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In USA – APPLY NOW
- World Literacy Awards 2023: Nomination Call
- A Group of Writers Sues OpenAI Over Copyright Claims
- Future News World Conference 2022 – British Council Virtual Submit
- McGill University Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2024 – APPLY NOW
Check This Out:
- Journalismfund Europe Pascal Decroos Fund 2023 (Up to €60,000 Grant) – APPLY NOW
- AfOx Catalyst Grants 2023 (up to £5,000) – APPLY NOW
- Evaristo Prize for African Poetry 2023/2024 (up to $1,500 Award) – APPLY NOW
- ELO Land and Soil Management Award 2024 ( Up To €5,000 Award) – APPLY…
- TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme 2024 – APPLY NOW
- True Story Award 2024 (up to CHF 25,000) – APPLY NOW