The TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme 2024 seeks to unlock opportunities for researchers in developing countries. This initiative was jointly organized by the World Academy of Science (TWAS) and UNESCO.
TWAS is a renowned global institution dedicated to promoting scientific excellence. It has joined hands with UNESCO and various centers of excellence in the South. Together, they are opening doors of opportunity for qualified researchers from developing countries.
The Associateship Scheme
The TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme is designed to address the issue of brain drain affecting many developing countries.
The Associateship Scheme aims to support regular visits by researchers to centers of excellence in the South, facilitating knowledge exchange and fostering international cooperation.
Associateship Scheme 2024 Summary
- Application Deadline: 04 December 2023
- Host Countries: Check Associateship countries below
- Eligibility: Developing countries in the South
- Minimum degree held: PhD
- Duration: 2-3 months
- Field: Natural sciences
- Age limit: None
- Iran, Isl. Rep.
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Syrian Arab Republic
Who Can Apply for TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme 2024?
- Holders of a Ph.D. or an equivalent degree.
- Candidates with degrees in the field of natural sciences.
- Applicants who demonstrate outstanding academic and research capabilities.
All eligible candidates for TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme 2024, should follow the application guide below to apply:
- Complete an online application for the Associateship Scheme via this link https://onlineforms.twas.org/apply/229
- All the required fields must be accurately completed
- More details about this program can be found at the official website on https://twas.org/opportunity/twas-unesco-associateship-scheme
You’ll need to provide a set of essential supporting documents during your application:
A scanned copy of your passport (even if expired, but showing your name and surname).
- The head of the Institution’s statement
- Curriculum vitae (4 pages maximum).
- A list of your publications.
- Your Ph.D. certificate.
- Two recommendation letters from referees, one of whom should be an expert from another country.
- A recent invitation letter from one of the host institutions listed on the official website. This letter should specify the proposed duration of your visit (usually two to three months for each visit) and the nature of the scientific work to be conducted.
Deadline for Applications
4th December 2023.