Applications are now open for the McGill University Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2024. This scholars program which comes with comprehensive education support, is open to suitably qualified young leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa.
Since 2013, McGill University has joined hands with the Mastercard Foundation to orchestrate the Scholars Program across both of its campuses. The primary goal of this initiative is to identify and empower academically gifted young leaders hailing from Sub-Saharan Africa.
These scholars are offered the golden opportunity to partake in a world-class university education, backed by comprehensive support systems to help them thrive.
McGill University Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
Over the past ten years, the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program has borne witness to 120 successful undergraduate and graduate scholars completing their degrees at McGill University. A testament to its impact and significance, the program’s reach has been extended for another fruitful decade at McGill.
To be considered for the McGill University Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the specified criteria. However, this program is not just for anyone; it’s for those who embody a commitment to education and service in their communities.
Eligible candidates must:
- Be eligible to be offered admission to one of the eligible non-thesis programs at McGill University.
- Have never registered for or completed any graduate studies.
- Be citizens of and reside in a Sub-Saharan African country (please refer to the list of eligible countries).
- Possess a valid passport and meet the requirements for admission to Canada as an International Student, which includes obtaining a Study Permit.
- It’s important to note that individuals with dual citizenship, refugee, or permanent resident status in the US, Canada, UK, or EU are not eligible.
- Demonstrate an exceptional track record of service and community involvement in their school or local area.
- Commit to returning to their home country immediately upon degree completion, with a vision of transforming their community through social and economic development.
- Be below the age of 35 at the time of application.
How to Apply for the McGill University Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program?
To apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University:
- First, apply for admission to an eligible program at McGill University via this link https://www.mcgill.ca/gradapplicants/apply-now
- This step for an admission offer is crucial as it sets the stage for your educational endeavor.
- After a successful application for admission
- Proceed to submit an online application for the Mastercard Scholarship here: https://www.mcgill.ca/mastercardfdn-scholars/apply-program
The application deadline for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University is December 01, 2023.
What is the mission of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University?
The program’s mission is to empower young leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa through quality education and support, fostering community development.
Can I apply if I already have a graduate degree?
No, applicants must have never registered for or completed any graduate studies to be eligible.
How can I prove my commitment to community service?
You can demonstrate your commitment through active involvement in your school or local community, showcasing a track record of service and leadership.
What happens if I don’t return to my home country after completing my degree?
Returning to your home country and contributing to its social and economic development is a fundamental part of the program’s mission. Failure to do so could impact your eligibility.
More Related Content
- McGill Scholarships For International Students 2023 – Apply Now to Study In Canada
- Top Mechanical Engineering Universities in Canada
- McCall MacBain Full Scholarships Programme 2023/2024 at McGill University
- Top Tuition-Free Canadian Universities in 2023 – APPLY NOW
- McCall MacBain Scholarships 2024 Cohort – APPLY NOW