Do you desire to study abroad? If yes, you can pursue your studies in Canada via the McGill Scholarships Program which is currently open for International students globally to apply. Sit back, and take your time to read through this article, as we will explain in detail about McGill Scholarships, its benefits/coverage, and how to apply for the scholarship.
About McGill Scholarships 2022/2023
McGill Scholarships 2022/2023 session is a fully-funded scholarship for international students. This amazing scholarship is offered to both students in the Undergraduate, Master and Ph.D. degree studies.
The McGill Scholarships provide up to $8,500 for an undergraduate and a modest amount of bursaries to Masters and Ph.D. students.
McGill Scholarships program is targeted toward making the University easy to access for students who are going through financial challenges and difficulties. This is achieved by supplementing other funding resources such as government aid, Indigenous Band Support Funding, part-time work, parental support, and other sources of funding.
McGill Scholarships provides a merit-based Entrance Scholarship Program and a need-based Entrance Bursary Program for all newly accepted, first-year, first-degree undergraduate students.
Additionally, the Scholarships & Student Aid Office administers an In-Course Financial Aid Program that provides modest amounts of loans and/or bursaries to currently enrolled graduate students in need of supplemental financial assistance.
The University is committed to supporting the academic pursuits of qualified undergraduate students who require financial assistance, and students from low to modest-income families who demonstrate financial need.
Students who are eligible to apply to include all: newly accepted, first-year, first-degree undergraduates, and newly accepted, first-year undergraduates, entering professional programs in Medicine and Law.
Summary of McGill Scholarships
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): McGill University
- Study in: Canada
- Application Deadline: Admission Deadlines
- Courses Offered: Full-time Degree Programs
- Scholarship Coverage: McGill Scholarships will provide up to $8,500 for undergraduates and a modest amount of bursaries to masters and Ph.D. students.
How to Apply for McGill Scholarships 2022/2023
Please ensure that you read through the requirements for McGill Scholarships before applying using the instructions below:
- You must first register in an undergraduate/Master’s degree program at the university before applying for the award
- Non-United States International students who wish to apply to the Entrance Bursary Program from the University must submit a CSS Profile: https://student.collegeboard.org/css-financial-aid-profile in addition to the McGill Minerva aid application: https://horizon.mcgill.ca/pban1/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin
- As the need arises, students may apply for In-course Financial Aid anytime during the academic year.
- Note that applications are always for the current academic year (September to August) and are available in August of each year.
Requirements for McGill Scholarships
Interested applicants for McGill Scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- The Required Language is English.
- Eligible Countries: Countries of the world
- Applicant must be enrolled in a full-time degree program at the University.
- Applicant must show financial need, including the intention to apply for government student aid and/or Indigenous Band Support Funding.
- Candidates must apply for and accept the maximum available government student aid for which they are eligible
- The candidate must be in satisfactory academic standing
Good luck with your application!