The AfOx Catalyst Grants offer initial funding to support the development of collaborative research projects between researchers based at African research institutions and the University of Oxford. These grants are open to all disciplines. In the past five years, AfOx has awarded over 200 Catalyst Grants, facilitating new collaborations between researchers from more than 100 African institutions and over 50 departments at Oxford University.
By providing these Catalyst Grants, they have successfully established long-term collaborations between researchers in Africa and Oxford. These collaborations have resulted in noteworthy research achievements, policy impacts, and additional funding opportunities.
Benefit of AfOx Catalyst Grants
- The grant offers a maximum amount of £5,000.
To be eligible for this opportunity, certain criteria had to be met and they are:
- The Catalyst Grant aims to promote the establishment of sustainable and equitable partnerships between researchers in Africa and the University of Oxford. When applying, it is important to demonstrate the value of the proposed activities to both collaborators.
- If applicable, please indicate how your project addresses a specific challenge related to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Both the Catalyst Grants offer awards of up to £5,000 and must be jointly applied for by researchers based in Africa, either at an academic or non-academic institution and researchers at the University of Oxford.
- The Catalyst Grant can support more than two individuals, and any additional participants should be listed under the ‘Purpose of the Grant’ section.
- The overall objective of this scheme is to facilitate the development of new collaborations, rather than providing substitute support for already established partnerships.
- For applicants from Oxford, it is required that they hold a postdoctoral or equivalent status at the time of application. African applicants must be employed by an African academic or research institution when applying.
How to Apply For AfOx Catalyst Grants 2023
There are two available pathways for submitting applications for a Catalyst Grant:
AfOx Travel Grants
- The AfOx Travel Grant promotes collaboration between African institutions and Oxford through travel support.
- The grant enables researchers to meet and work together on areas of mutual interest.
- Activities funded by the grant include workshops, conferences, co-supervision, curriculum co-development, joint lectures and seminars, co-authoring publications, joint grant applications, and primary research.
- The grant duration can range from 1 to 8 weeks.
- Applicants can request a maximum of £5000 in funding.
- To apply for the grant, academics or researchers from African institutions need to collaborate with academics or researchers at the University of Oxford.
AfOx Starter Grants
- The AfOx Starter Grants fund activities such as early-phase idea development, feasibility studies, public engagement, and primary research.
- The grants provide seed funding for projects aiming to establish sustainable partnerships and strengthen applications for longer-term fellowships and funding opportunities.
- The duration of the Starter Grants can be up to 12 weeks.
- The maximum funding amount that can be requested is £5,000.
- Applications for Starter Grants must be jointly made by academics or researchers based in Africa (both at academic and non-academic institutions) and academics or researchers at the University of Oxford.
- Applicants are advised to carefully consider the necessity for travel before submitting their application.
To begin your application Click here .
For more details about the Grant, visit the official website.
October 27, 2023.
More Related Content
- AfOx Visiting Fellows 2022 – Africa Oxford Initiative Fully-Funded
- Halo Infinite New Maps for Season 2
- Many Businesses Hope That Cloud Will Be the Catalyst to Net Zero
- Commonwealth Short Story Prize 2024 (£5,000 Prize Award) – APPLY NOW
- Photography 4 Humanity Global Prize Competition 2023 – APPLY NOW!