The 2024 edition of the Commonwealth Africa Cyber Fellowships is now open for applications. The fellowship is open to experts from Commonwealth countries in Africa to become the guardians of digital security and innovation.
The Commonwealth Africa Cyber Fellowship program was established in 2022 with a clear vision to create a unique platform for cybersecurity experts. This edition marks the second cycle of the program and is supported by the United Kingdom’s International Development Office.
The Fellowship brings together, minds from Commonwealth countries in Africa, with the aim of fostering collaboration, exchanging knowledge, and significantly influencing the policy landscape within the Commonwealth Secretariat.
Commonwealth Africa Cyber Fellowships 2024 – What to Expect
Successfully selected experts will serve as fellows for an entire year. This fellowship is more than just a title, as it is an immersive experience that grants exclusive access to academic research opportunities, networking events, and annual conferences.
Now, what’s the focus of this Fellowship? To Enhance cybersecurity policies and institutions across Commonwealth countries in Africa.
The Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 56 sovereign and equal nations. A remarkable number of 2.5 billion people live in these regions spreading across both developed and developing countries. 33 of these members are minor states, and several of them are island countries.
The member governments have a shared commitment to key goals such as development, democracy, and peace, all enshrined in the Commonwealth Charter. The origin of the Commonwealth can be traced back to the British Empire, but it’s evolved considerably since then.
Benefits of the Commonwealth Africa Cyber Fellowships
- A Year of Impact: Selected experts will serve as fellows for a year. This year promises to be filled with opportunities for growth, collaboration, and innovation.
- Exclusive Access: Fellows will have exclusive access to academic research opportunities, networking events, and annual conferences. These events are curated to provide insights and foster relationships that will have a lasting impact on cybersecurity in Commonwealth countries in Africa.
Commonwealth Africa Cyber Fellowships Qualifications – Who Can Apply?
If you’re a citizen of a Commonwealth country in Africa and fall within the age range of 21 to 65, you’re eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Applicants must possess a minimum of five years of experience in cybersecurity within fields such as law, policymaking, telecommunications, academia, or related sectors.
All eligible Candidates are welcome to apply, as stated by the Commonwealth Secretary-General, the Rt Hon Patricia Scotland KC.
To apply for the Commonwealth Africa Cyber Fellowship, candidates must submit the following documents before the deadline date. The documents include:
- Their resume
- A cover letter
- A support letter issued by the applicant’s respective organization
Please note that these documents must be sent to an email stated at the official web page below: https://thecommonwealth.org/news/applications-open-commonwealth-africa-cyber-fellowships
December 10, 2023.
More Related Content
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2024 – APPLY NOW
- Commonwealth Graduate Scholarships 2024-25 in UK – APPLY NOW
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2024 in UK | APPLY NOW
- Association of Commonwealth Universities Early Career Conference Grants 2023
- Commonwealth Short Story Prize 2024 (£5,000 Prize Award) – APPLY NOW