Are you ready to learn how to make a delicious roasted pork loin? This recipe involves seasoning the pork with a simple spice rub and drizzling it with a honey-dijon garlic sauce.
The result is a tender and flavourful pork loin that will leave everyone wanting more. To make it a complete meal, I like to add seasonal vegetables such as Brussels sprouts and butternut squash, all cooked in one pan.
How To Make Roasted Pork Loin
In our household, we’re big fans of pork, whether it’s pork chops or pork tenderloin – we love it all! My personal favourite is a straightforward oven method for roasting pork, which is quick to prepare and mostly cooks in the oven.
This Pork Loin Roast Recipe delivers perfectly tender and flavourful meat, and it’s incredibly easy to make. Let’s dive in!
Why You’ll Love This Pork Loin Recipe
Here are simple reasons why you’ll love this pork loin recipe:
Simple: You won’t require any special equipment or complex ingredients to prepare this easy pork loin recipe. It’s all about comforting and delicious simplicity.
Tasty: If you’re searching for a dinner idea that’s guaranteed to be a hit with everyone, look no further. This roasted pork loin is not only tender but also bursting with flavour in every bite.
All-in-one: Because the pork is roasted together with vegetables, you won’t need to prepare any additional dishes to accompany this recipe. It serves as both the main course and a healthy side dish in one go.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here are the ingredients typically used for roasted pork loin:
- Pork Loin: You’ll need a boneless pork loin roast, typically weighing around 3 to 4 pounds.
- Seasonings: Create a spice rub using ingredients like salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, and onion powder. Adjust the quantities to your taste.
- Cooking Oil: You’ll need some oil for searing the pork loin. Olive oil or vegetable oil works well.
- Honey-Dijon Glaze: Prepare a glaze using honey, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, soy sauce, and olive oil. These ingredients will add a sweet and tangy flavour to the pork.
- Vegetables (Optional): If you want to roast vegetables along with the pork, consider using butternut squash and Brussels sprouts. You can also add other seasonal vegetables of your choice.
- Foil: You’ll need aluminium foil to line the baking sheet or to tend the pork while it roasts.
These are the basic ingredients for a simple roasted pork loin recipe. You can customize the seasoning and add other vegetables or herbs to suit your preferences.
How To Roast Pork Loin
Are you ready to prepare a delicious pork dinner? Here’s how to make the best pork loin roast:
- Create the spice rub: Start by making a dry rub using a mixture of salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, and onion powder. Rub this seasoning blend all over the pork loin.
- Sear the meat: Heat some oil in a large skillet and sear the pork loin for about 5 minutes on each side. Then, remove it from the heat and place it on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil, ensuring that the fat side is facing up.
- Prepare the honey glaze: Combine honey, dijon mustard, garlic, soy sauce, and olive oil. Set aside two tablespoons of this sauce for later use with the veggies and brush the remainder generously over the pork.
- Roast at 375°F for 25 minutes.
- Prepare the veggies: Cut the butternut squash into 1-inch cubes and halve the Brussels sprouts. Toss these vegetables with the reserved sauce.
- Add the veggies to the pork: Remove the pork from the oven and arrange the veggies around it in a single layer. Tent the pork with foil, then continue to roast for an additional 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the pork loin reaches 145°F.
Use an Instant Read Thermometer to ensure it’s done. Don’t forget to stir the veggies halfway through cooking.
- Rest: Take the dish out of the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting. This resting period helps lock in the juices.
- Slice and serve! Enjoy your delicious pork loin roast with flavourful veggies.
And it’s as simple as that.
Cooking Time for Pork Loin
The cooking time for pork loin varies based on its size. In this recipe, we’re using a 3-pound pork loin, which typically requires around 50 to 60 minutes in a 375°F oven. As a rule of thumb, you can estimate roughly 20 minutes of cooking time per pound. Note that some ovens might need a few extra minutes.
Pork Loin Doneness Temperature
For safe consumption, cook your pork loin to an internal temperature of 145°F (62°C). You can easily check this with an Instant Read Thermometer. Once it reaches the correct temperature, allow it to rest for at least 10 minutes.
Yes, you can prepare this recipe ahead of time, which is convenient for Sunday dinners or busy weekdays. Here’s how:
- Season the pork, sear it, place it in the baking pan, and pour the sauce over it.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Continue with the roasting as instructed.
Slow Cooker Option
You can also make this pork loin recipe in a slow cooker. Here’s the process:
- Season the pork, sear it, and put it in the slow cooker.
- Pour the prepared sauce over it, cover, and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- Use an Instant Read Thermometer to ensure it reaches 145°F when done.
There are various delicious side dishes you can pair with roasted pork loin. Some favourites include mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower. Since this recipe already includes vegetables, adding just one side dish can make a satisfying meal.
Leftover pork loin can be repurposed in creative ways, such as making burritos, tacos, or sandwiches with thick slices of bread. You can even warm the sandwich in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
Storing and Reheating Leftovers:
Store leftover pork loin in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze it in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. When reheating, use the microwave or oven to enjoy the delicious flavours again.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- Xbox Game Pass Adds Dead Island to Its Roaster
- Roasted Chicken for Easter: How to Roast Chicken in Oven at Home this Easter
- Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich Special Treat for Christmas: Taste of Home
- JAA Lifestyle Login – Register for JAA Lifestyle At www.jaalifestyle.com
- Roasted Chicken for Christmas – Preferred Roast Chicken Recipe for Christmas
- How to Use the Credit Card Monthly Calculator
- How to Make a Mortgage Payment with a Credit Card