Season greetings to you all! Christmas is just a few days away, and all hands are on deck to ensure that day is well-spent.
Sadly, most people are deeply worried about what special meal they can prepare for that day as they anticipate celebrating that day. If that is your worry right now, then you simply just got the solution.
In this content, we suggest making “Roasted Chicken for Christmas”. However, if you have no idea how to make it, we will also be giving guides on that.
Roasted Chicken for Christmas
Making roasted chicken is the perfect idea for any occasion of any kind. This is because it takes a little time and few ingredients to produce the perfect taste. On this note, we will be giving you ideas on the best-roasted chicken recipe and also what you can serve along with the chicken.
What to Serve with Roast Chicken on a Christmas Day Celebration
Just like we mentioned before now, you can decide to either enjoy your chicken just like that or take it alongside something else like:
- – Mashed Potatoes.
- – Chips.
- – Goat Cheese.
- – Honey.
- – Baked Asparagus.
- – Garlic Broccolini.
- – Salt and Vinegar Cucumbers.
- – Cooked Broccoli.
- – Diced Carrots.
- – Baked Asparagus.
- – Bavarian Potato Salad.
- – Brown Butter Parsnip Puree.
- Garlic and Herd Mashed Potatoes. With this, you can enjoy your roasted chicken as you celebrate the birth of Christ!
Preferred Roast Chicken Recipe for Christmas
If you want to make the right delicacy then you need the right recipe to do that. However, for someone who has never made roast chicken, it is necessary to pay close attention to every detail this article has to offer. As we will be giving you all the required ingredients and condiments needed in making a palatable Christmas chicken. You can check them out below:
- Roasting Chicken (1).
- Freshly ground black pepper (you will be needing 2 teaspoons).
- Salt (2 Teaspoons are recommended).
- Garlic (you will be needing a big Bunch).
- Lemon Fruit (1/2 or a full one. This is based on your preference).
- Melted Butter (You will be needing 2 ½ Tablespoons).
- 1 big Onion.
- Small Quantities of Mixed Herbs such as Rosemary and Sage.
- Olive Oil (optional).
With all the above ingredients in place, you are good to go. Note, these ingredients mentioned are just for one chicken. However, if you decide to roast more than one chicken, you will have to increase the quantity of the mentioned ingredient.
Needed Chicken Tools and Equipment
In other to get started with your meal, you will need all the required tools and equipment. You can check them out below:
- A Good Roasting Pan.
- A Sharp Knife.
- A Good Oven.
- Kitchen Brush.
- Aluminum Foll.
- Heavy Duty Rimmed Baking Sheets.
- Cast Iron Skillet.
These are essential tools you need to get before proceeding to roast your chicken. No doubt, there are many others but this is the most important of them all.
How to Prepare Home-Made Roast Chicken in Oven for Christmas
In this section, we will be giving you steps on how to make homemade roast chicken for this year’s Christmas celebration. Before preparing your roast chicken, it is important, you have all the necessary ingredients in place, as it would prevent you from getting the right taste you need. You can follow the steps below for getting a palatable roasted chicken.
- Wash your already-cleaned chicken and ensure it is clean enough by removing unwanted features and fats.
- Then season the chicken in and out with onion powder, salt ad pepper. Place 3 tablespoons of butter in the chicken cavity, arrange dollops of remaining butter on the outside of the chicken, Cut celery into 3 or 4 pieces, and place in the chicken cavity.
- While this is on, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees f (175 degrees c). This is the right temperature for roasting chicken.
- Tie the Chicken legs together with twine when all ingredient has been spread on the chicken.
- Then place the pan in the preheated oven.
- Allow the chicken to stay in the oven for about an hour and thirty minutes.
- An instant-read thermometer into the chicken to determine whether the chicken is ready.
- If the chicken is ready, then you can bring it out and cover it with aluminium foil for about 20 minutes.
With these helpful steps, you will be about to make a delicious roast chicken for this Christmas. You can try it out and thank us later. Season Greetings Once More!
CHECK THIS OUT: