Easter is fast approaching and everybody is thinking of that perfect and special meal to enjoy during this much-anticipated celebration. If you are planning on making Roasted Chicken for Easter, you have made a good decision and this article is here to guide you on how to make the perfect and crispy roast chicken.
Apart from learning how to roast chicken for this Easter, you would also discover the best roast chicken recipe and what to serve with Roast chicken. To learn more, kindly read to the end.
Roasted Chicken for Easter
Roast chicken is definitely the perfect centerpiece idea for any meal. You could enjoy your Roast Chicken this Easter with mashed potatoes, chips, Goat cheese and Honey, baked Asparagus, Garlic Broccolini, salt and Vinegar Cucumbers, cooked broccoli or Spinach, Diced carrots, and lots more.
This long list proves that the Roast chicken is very versatile. Having known this, you should read more to learn how to make Restaurant like and crispy roast chicken all by yourself.
Best Roast Chicken Recipe
You should know that for you to make a perfect roast chicken, you must be aware of and have all the required ingredients and condiments. Here is the recipe required for the best roast chicken:
- Roasting chicken (1).
- Freshly ground black pepper (2 Teaspoons).
- Salt (2 Teaspoons).
- Fresh thyme (1 bunch).
- Garlic (1 big bunch)
- Lemon fruit (1/2 or a full one based on your preference).
- Melted butter (about 2 ½ Tablespoons).
- 1 large onion.
- Small quantities of mixed herbs such as rosemary and sage.
- Olive oil (optional).
Take note that the recipe above is for a chicken. If you wish to roast more than one chicken, you should increase the number of ingredients with some simple calculations. With these ingredients, you are your way to making the best Roast Chicken for this Easter.
Chicken Tools and Equipment
You would also get the right tools and equipment before you proceed to make roast chicken for Easter, they include:
- A good oven.
- Thermometer (to obtain the right roast chicken temperature).
- A good roasting pan.
- Kitchen brush.
- A sharp knife.
- At least two Tablespoons
- Aluminum foil.
These are a few of the Kitchen tools and equipment you need to make a roast chicken, you could add other ones as you wish but these are the most important.
How to Roast Chicken in Oven at Home
Before you proceed to make your roast chicken, you should ensure that you have all the ingredients in your recipe close to you. This would prevent you from running around. Note that the guide below also applies to how to roast chicken breast and how to roast chicken thighs.
- Preheat your oven to about 430*F (This is the Ideal roast chicken temperature).
- Wash your already cleaned chicken and remove leftover feathers and fats.
- Season the inside and outside thoroughly with salt and pepper.
- Open the cavities of the bird and clog them with lemon, thyme, and garlic.
- With a cooking brush, spread a little quantity of the melted butter and olive oil on the outside of the chicken.
- Season the outside of the bird again with salt and pepper.
- Pour the already sliced onions into the roasting pan, and add salt, pepper, and mixed herbs.
- With the aid of your cooking brush, spread the mixture at the bottom of the pan well and carefully place the chicken on top. (Note that the chicken breast side should be faced upwards).
- Tie the chicken legs together with twine (this is optional).
- Place the pan in the preheated oven.
- Roast the chicken for about an hour and thirty minutes.
- Check if the juice runs clear by piercing the skin with a soft knife.
- If it does, remove the chicken and cover it with aluminum foil for another 20 minutes.
With this, your Roast chicken is ready to be served with any side dish you prefer. Eating Roast chicken with your preferred side dish is more fun when you do so with friends, loved ones, and neighbors.