Pizza is a special dish that’s not only delicious but also great for any occasion. But before will dive into how to make pizza, let us consider where it originated from. Pizza is an Italian creation made from a round, flat dough that’s cooked with tomato sauce and cheese on top. You can also add things like meat, fish, or veggies. People all around the world love this tasty meal, and you can get it quickly from a restaurant or buy it frozen.
But the cool thing is, you can make pizza at home too! You can prepare the dough in advance and freeze it, and you can put whatever you like on it to match your taste. Surprisingly, making pizza is easier than you might think, and we will be exploring that with you in this article.
How to Make Pizza
Making pizza as we said earlier is quite easy. First, you need to gather all your necessary ingredients before proceeding to make your pizza. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 150g spelt flour.
- 350g white flour.
- 1 ½ tsp. dried fast-action yeast.
- ½ tsp. Salt.
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- 1 chopped tomato.
- 1 small garlic clove.
- A pinch of dried thyme.
- 160g grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips.
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into strips.
- 1 zucchini, sliced.
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes.
- 1 handful of pitted olives.
- 1 can of salt-free sweetcorn (drained).
Step By Step Way to Make Pizza:
- To make the dough, mix both flours in a big bowl, then add the yeast and salt.
- Make a hole in the middle and pour in 400 mL of warm water and the olive oil. Stir with a wooden spoon until it forms a soft, somewhat wet dough.
- Gently knead the dough in the bowl to bring it together before transferring it to a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes until it’s smooth.
- Cover the dough with a tea towel and let it rise.
- To make the sauce, blend the chopped tomatoes, garlic, and thyme in a food processor or with a hand blender until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C or 240°C with the fan on.
- Prepare the toppings to make your pizza look great.
- Once the dough has risen, give it a brief knead in the bowl, then divide it into four balls.
- Roll out two of the balls into large, thin circles on a floured surface. Place them on floured baking sheets or pizza trays.
- Spread the sauce evenly on each base using a spoon.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the sauce. Now, let’s get creative with the toppings.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes or until it’s crispy. To avoid burning the toppings, move the pizzas to a lower oven rack halfway through.
- Repeat the process for the other two pizzas or freeze the dough balls separately in two freezer bags. Store any leftover sauce in a container and freeze it.
Enjoy your homemade pizza!
Tips for Making Pizza
Here are some simple tips for making great pizza:
- Preheat the oven: If you have a regular oven, heat it to 280 degrees Celsius.
- Warm up the base: If you’re using a ready-made pizza base, take it out of the fridge half an hour before you start. This makes it easier to work with.
- Stretch the dough: Instead of rolling it, gently stretch the dough to create the pizza base. When the dough is at room temperature, it’s more flexible.
- Try a pizza stone: For a restaurant-style pizza, use a pizza stone. It helps the dough rise and become crispy. Give it a try.
- Go organic: To make your pizza more delicious with an organic touch, use fresh tomato puree or paste.
ALSO CHECK THESE OUT: