The UNIDO Kpabep Scholarship 2023 Applications are now open! In a joint effort between the Federal Ministry of Environment and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), supported by the Society of Women Engineers (SWE), the Charity KPABEP Scholarship program for female engineers and technicians in Nigeria has been initiated.
This scholarship program is a vital component of Nigeria’s Hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) Phase-out Management Plan (HPMP) Stage III Project, with the aim of phasing out harmful ozone-depleting substances and reducing HCFC baseline consumption.
The Federal Ministry of Environment, established in 1999 by the Federal Government of Nigeria is dedicated to controlling environmental issues, conserving natural resources, and formulating policies to combat environmental challenges like desertification, deforestation, and pollution.
UNIDO Kpabep Scholarship 2023
The Charity KPABEP Scholarship program was officially approved by the Executive Committee (EXCOM) of the Multilateral Fund for the Implementation of the Montreal Protocol in December 2022.
Its primary objective is to harness the potential of female technicians and engineers while fostering a community of experts and advocates for women in the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC) manufacturing sector in Nigeria.
Benefits of FMEnv/UNIDO Scholarship Program
The Charity Kpabep Scholarships offer several advantages, such as:
- A one-time award of up to $4,000, disbursed in installments upon the successful completion of training and internships in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC). Please note that the final award amount may vary based on the student’s financial plan and requirements.
- The possibility of receiving training in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC).
- A potential internship lasting 1 to 3 months with a company specializing in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC).
- Recipients will have free collegiate membership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
- Access to mentors within the engineering field.
This scholarship program is for engineering and technical studies.
Eligibility Criteria for UNIDO Scholarship Program
To be eligible for the UNIDO Scholarship Program, prospective Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Must be Identified as a woman.
- Hold Nigerian citizenship.
- Be under the age of 40 at the time of application.
- Candidates should be currently enrolled in an accredited university, polytechnic, or post-secondary institution in Nigeria.
- Enrolled in a FULL-TIME Certificate, Diploma, Bachelor, Master, or Doctoral degree program in Engineering Sciences and Technology or related fields.
- Applicants should currently be within the last two years of study.
- There is no minimum GPA requirement, but candidates must maintain a good academic record.
- Have a track record of leadership and involvement in extracurricular activities.
- Candidates must be committed to attending all scholarship events, workshops, and training.
- Commit to completing an internship with a relevant company, organization, or institution within the scholarship period.
- Commit to writing quarterly progress reports and an internship report.
How to Apply for the UNIDO Scholarship Program 2023
To apply for UNIDO Scholarship Program 2023, qualified Nigerian female students should follow these steps:
- Complete the application form in English.
- Ensure all questions are answered accurately.
- Upload the required documents in a single PDF document (maximum file size of 5mb) with the following naming format: Last name_First name_UNIDO KPABEP 2023 (e.g., Doe_Sara_UNIDO KPABEP 2023).
- Include a 1000-word maximum Letter of motivation answering specific questions.
- Provide a letter from your sponsor.
- Attach your curriculum vitae/resume.
- Include academic transcripts detailing your most recent academic results.
- Submit proof of enrollment in the current semester if available.
- Include your most recent academic certificate attained, if available.
For additional information and application details, visit the FMEnv/UNIDO website at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdaSBu13Q9eikOeIxif3SU2me7gpKvd7IIMjBWA-yKNiamJbQ/viewform
The important dates to keep in mind for this scholarship program are;
- Call for Applications opens on the 18th of September 2023
- Deadline for Application: 31st December 2023
- Reviews and shortlisting of selected candidates for interview: January 2024
- Deadline for submission of reference letters: 28th February 2024
- Interviews: February 2024
- Award of scholarships: March 2024
ALSO CHECK THESE OUT:
- Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship 2022/2023 – Undergraduate, Masters & PhD Study Overseas (Bilateral Educational Agreement)
- Government of Mexico Excellence Scholarships 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- ChatGPT’s Really Bad Impact on the Environment
- Flemish Ministry of Education and Training Master Mind Scholarships to Study in Belgium 2022/23 | How to Apply
- Cost Engineering Jobs In USA with Visa sponsorship – Apply Now