The Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship is offered by the Federal Ministry of Education of Nigeria, the ministry is currently offering the 2022/2023 Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for Undergraduate, Master’s, and Ph.D. students to study Overseas.
About Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship
Nigerian Honourable Minister of Education, via the Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship, is inviting interested and qualified Nigerian students to participate in the 2022/2023 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for:
- Undergraduate level: The following fields are available; Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine, etc.
- Master’s Degree and Ph.D. in all fields.
Details of Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship
- Type of program: Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) studies.
- Application Deadline: June 20, 2022, by 11:59 PM
- Is this scholarship Offered annually? Yes
- Eligible Countries: Nigeria
- Number of Scholarships: Several
- Study in (country): Undergraduate (UG) studies are tenable in Russia, Morocco, Hungary, and Egypt while Postgraduate (PG) studies are tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Romania.
- Duration of Scholarship: The duration of the Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship offer ranges from 4 to 9 years depending on the level of study and the country.
Apply Now for Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship
- Eligible applicants should visit the webpage below to apply for this scholarship: https://fsbn.com.ng/scholarships
- Complete the application form online as follows:
- Original copies of academic certificates
- Current International Passport
- Medical reports from Government hospitals
- National Identification Number (NIN)
- Police clearance certificates where necessary
Application for this scholarship does not require any processing fee, beware avoid fraudsters. Also, the official contact number is Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA).
Criteria for Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship
Please take note of the eligibility criteria below for all Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship applicants
- Applicants for undergraduate degree courses must have a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study, English Language and Mathematics inclusive.
- The certificate presented should not exceed two years old (2021 & 2022) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of the certificate is one year (2020) only.
- The required age limit to apply for this scholarship is from 17 to 20 years
- Applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must have First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division to be eligible.
- Previous recipients applicants of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria.
- Postgraduates scholarship applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme
- The required age limit for the post-graduate scholarship is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- The N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted
- An applicant must demonstrate Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
Benefits of Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship
The Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship participating countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while the Nigerian government takes care of supplements, warm clothing, health insurance, research grant where applicable and take off.
Best of luck!