Applications are currently being accepted for the Rise Up Nigeria Leadership & Advocacy Accelerator Program 2024. Rise Up, a global nonprofit organization will choose a group of local civil society leaders from Nigeria to take part in a training program called the Leadership and Advocacy Accelerator. The aim of this program is to advance gender equity and justice in 2024.
Rise Up Nigeria Leadership & Advocacy Accelerator Program 2024
Rise Up provides leaders with the necessary training, funding, and resources to enhance their impact. By strengthening their organizations, these leaders are able to drive change in their communities. They also work towards achieving state, national, and local-level improvements by advocating for better programs and funding for girls and women.
Through a competitive selection process, Rise Up will choose 25 civil society leaders in Nigeria to participate in an intensive Advocacy and Leadership Accelerator. This program will equip them with the skills and knowledge needed to achieve policy victories that improve access to education, healthcare, and economic opportunities for women and girls in Abuja FCT, Nasarawa, and Kaduna States.
- Participating leaders and their organizations in the Rise Up program will have the opportunity to receive grants through a competitive process. Rise Up encourages projects that prioritize economic opportunities, such as advocating for financial inclusion for women and girls. This may include initiatives that promote access to credit, job and leadership training, land rights and ownership, and inheritance rights.
To be considered eligible for the program, candidates must meet the following selection criteria:
- Candidates must be civil society leaders aged between 18 and 60 years old.
- They should be currently based in Abuja FCT, Nasarawa, or Kaduna States, Nigeria.
- Candidates must have a personal interest and ongoing commitment to promoting gender equity, specifically in the areas of health, education, and economic opportunity for girls and women. Rise Up is particularly interested in leaders focusing on economic opportunities, such as advocating for financial inclusion, job training, leadership development, land rights/ownership, inheritance rights, and more.
- Candidates should represent or closely work with marginalized groups from socially or economically disadvantaged communities. This includes women and girls with disabilities, ethnic and/or religious minorities, and other historically disadvantaged populations.
- Ability to participate in an in-person workshop from March 3-9, 2024, with some virtual sessions before and after the workshop. All costs related to program participation, including transportation, accommodation, meals, materials, and internet expenses, will be covered by Rise Up.
- Candidates must currently be employed at a non-profit organization, civil society organization, media organization, or government organization in a coordination or management role. They should also have some decision-making power within their organization.
- The support of the candidate’s organization leadership is required to participate in the Advocacy and Leadership Accelerator.
- To be eligible for a grant, organizations must be legally registered in the country and able to receive international funds. Unregistered entities can be sponsored by another financial entity or fiscal sponsor. It is important to note that government organizations are not eligible to receive grants through this program.
- Proficiency in oral and written English is necessary.
How to Apply For Rise Up Nigeria Leadership & Advocacy Accelerator Program 2024
Here are the submission guidelines for the program:
- Complete and submit the official application form provided by Rise Up. Make sure to fill out all the required fields accurately and provide relevant information about your background, experience, and commitment to promoting gender equity.
- All submissions must be in English. Ensure that your application, including any written responses or documentation, is clear, concise, and grammatically correct.
- Ensure to submit your application before November 26, 2023. Late submissions may not be accepted.
To gain more insight on this program visit Rise Up Official website.
November 26, 2023.
More Related Content
- Rise Up Nigeria Leadership and Advocacy Accelerator Program 2023 – APPLY NOW
- ONE Africa Award 2022 For Sustainable Development Goals
- Facebook Accelerators Program – Facebook Accelerator 2020 for Innovative Commerce | Facebook Accelerator Program Fully Funded
- TikTok Accelerator Program 2022 – Apply Now!
- Google for Africa 2021 Virtual Event – The Google for Startups Accelerator Programme