Rise Up, a global nonprofit, is currently accepting applications from suitably qualified Nigerians, for its Leadership and Advocacy Accelerator Program 2023. Through this remarkable initiative, young visionary Nigerians will be empowered and uplifted. This program aims to accelerate the progress of gender equity and justice in the year 2024. Thereby, creating a brighter future for the nation.
Rise Up will select a group of local civil society leaders from Nigeria to participate in their Leadership and Advocacy Accelerator training program. These leaders will play a key role in advancing gender equity and justice in Nigeria.
The program is designed for visionary leaders between the ages of 18 and 60 from the following locations: Abuja Federal Capital Territory, Nasarawa, or Kaduna states, to join their mission.
Rise Up Leadership and Advocacy Accelerator Program – Details
An exciting aspect of the 2023 edition of this program is that Rise Up will competitively award grants to participating leaders and their organizations. These grants will encourage projects that focus on economic opportunity. It includes advocating for financial inclusion for women and girls through access to credit, job and leadership training, land rights and ownership, and inheritance rights.
The track record of Rise Up over time is truly inspiring, as they have established a network of over 800 leaders who have successfully advocated for more than 185 new and improved laws and policies, which have impacted 160 million people globally.
Benefits of the Rise Up Leadership and Advocacy Accelerator Program
Participants in the Rise Up Leadership and Advocacy Accelerator Program will receive the following benefits:
- A competitive grant will be given to leaders and organizations, who promote projects that empower women and girls.
- Rise Up has designed an innovative hybrid model that combines virtual and in-person elements. This model includes capacity building, leadership development, project funding, and technical support.
- The Leadership and Advocacy Accelerator program is focused on advancing education, health, and economic opportunity for women, girls, and gender-nonconforming people in Nigeria.
To be eligible to participate in the Rise Up Leadership and Advocacy Accelerator Program, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be Civil society leaders between the ages of 18-60, working in Abuja Federal Capital Territory, Kaduna State, or Nasarawa State.
- Applicants must have a personal interest and commitment to promoting gender equity in health, education, and economic opportunity.
- Candidates should represent or work closely with marginalized groups, such as women and girls with disabilities, ethnic and religious minorities, and historically disadvantaged populations.
- The applicant must be able to participate in an in-person training from March 3-9, 2024, with some virtual sessions. Rise Up covers all related costs.
- Candidates should currently work at a non-profit organization, civil society organization, media organization, or government organization at a coordination or management level.
- The support of the candidate’s organization’s leadership is required.
- To be eligible for a grant, organizations must be legally registered in the country and set up to receive international funds.
- Proficiency in oral and written English is a must for all Candidates
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above qualifications, should visit their official website at https://riseuptogether.org/call-for-applications-rise-up-launches-nigeria-leadership-and-advocacy-accelerator-program/? To apply
November 26, 2023.
More Related Content
- ONE Africa Award 2022 For Sustainable Development Goals
- Lab-Grown Meat Is Safe To Eat Reports the FDA
- Facebook Accelerators Program – Facebook Accelerator 2020 for Innovative Commerce | Facebook Accelerator Program Fully Funded
- TikTok Accelerator Program 2022 – Apply Now!
- Google for Africa 2021 Virtual Event – The Google for Startups Accelerator Programme