ONE Africa Award recognizes and celebrates African efforts aimed at achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the world’s blueprint for a better future. Sustainable Development Goals targets range from halving extreme poverty to halting the spread of HIV/AIDS and providing universal primary education.
This year, ONE Africa Award will consider Africa-driven and Africa-led advocacy efforts that have shown success at the community, national and regional levels. The awards program offers up to US$100,000 in recognition of innovative African initiatives to fight extreme poverty and incentivizes more of such efforts.
The ONE Africa Award program may be split into two prizes in order to award two smaller organizations better able to absorb a smaller monetary award.
Details of ONE Africa Awards
- Type of Programe: Entrepreneurs
- Organization: ONE
- Gender: Male and Women
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
ONE is a nonpartisan organization Co-founded by Bono and other activists. It is not a grant-making organization and does not solicit funding from the public or receive government funds.
The funding of ONE comes almost entirely from foundations, individual philanthropists, and corporate partners. It is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030 so that people can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
ONE seeks to fight against poverty, justice, and equality. Be it lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, the organization pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty.
It also seeks to prevent the spread of disease, particularly in Africa and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
Benefits of ONE Africa Award
ONE Africa Awards rewards and advances the exceptional work of organizations founded by Africans and based in Africa, dedicated to advancing development goals in Africa.
Criteria For ONE Africa Award 2022 Qualification
- The ONE Africa Awards is open to Civil society organizations, non-governmental organizations, and other groups based in Africa that have shown commitment and success in advocacy.
- The eligible recipients may be engaged in direct services to achieve any of the SDGs, however, must show strong advocacy components integral to the delivery and success of their programs.
- The Qualified recipients may be advocacy/pressure groups and think tanks engaged in governance activities, such as the monitoring of flows of resources and/or holding governments accountable to commitments to SDG attainment.
- Ideal recipients may be advocacy groups engaged in governance activities such as the monitoring of flows of resources and/or holding governments accountable to commitments to MDG attainment.
How to Apply for ONE Africa Awards 2022?
All Interested and qualified Organizations should:
- Visit ONE on www.one.orgto apply
- Also send your completed application through the email address below: [email protected]
Visit the ONE Champions website for more information: https://www.one.org/africa/the-one-africa-award/
ONE Africa Award Process and Venue
Interested Organizations will be graded on a 5 categories basis and will be awarded between 1-10 points in each of these categories:
- How the organization has been able to design and implemented an innovative advocacy program that employs entrepreneurial and sustainable approaches to impact a given sector(s).
- The organization’s ability to demonstrate and communicate specific indicators of progress and impact linking work to a given sector(s) in a clear results-oriented framework.
- How the organization has been able to replicate its efforts to scale interventions?
- Display strong internal and constituency accountability mechanisms that is, to demonstrate that interventions are relevant to the poor in the target community and also empower them in transparent operations.
- The rate at which the organization has employed creative partnerships to achieve its goal(s) and ensure coordination with other development actors. Partnerships including public and/or private sector players.
September 30, 2022