The generous donations of the Motsepe Foundation have resulted in the establishment of the Motsepe Presidential Research Accelerator Fund 2023.
The fund is being administered by the Office of the Vice Provost for Research, in collaboration with the Office of the Vice Provost for International Affairs, and with the assistance of the Center for African Studies.
The primary objective of the Motsepe Presidential Research Accelerator Fund is to encourage and support research endeavors led by faculty members and driven by students. These research projects aim to tackle crucial challenges and opportunities in the African context.
The Motsepe Presidential Research Accelerator Fund Details
The Fund’s focus areas are broad, covering a wide range of topics, including but not limited to:
- Latest/emerging Tech and the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Climate Change and Its Impact
- Renewable Energy for Infrastructure and Society
- Health and Aging
- Materials Science and Governance
- Policies and required governance for an entrepreneurial economy
The Motsepe Presidential Research Accelerator Fund 2023 gives special consideration to projects that promote multidisciplinary collaboration among Harvard faculty members across different schools. Also, it encourages partnerships with African academics and projects that blend the arts and humanities into STEM initiatives, forming the STEAM approach.
- Name: Motsepe Presidential Research Accelerator Fund
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Award Duration: 1 or 2 years
- Award Amount: $150,000
- Deadline: 12/11/2023
Benefits of the Motsepe Presidential Research Accelerator Fund
The Fund’s primary aim is to support faculty-led and student-driven research projects that address critical challenges and opportunities in Africa.
These areas include emerging technologies, climate change, renewable energy, health, aging, materials science, and governance.
The maximum award amount is $150,000
Criteria for Motsepe Presidential Research Accelerator Fund
To be eligible for the Motsepe Presidential Research Accelerator Fund, applicants must be Harvard faculty members.
How to Apply for Motsepe Presidential Research Accelerator Fund 2023?
- The application process for the 2023/24 award cycle will commence on October 9, 2023.
- All Interested and eligible applicants can access the application via this link: http://bit.ly/3PAdP7a
- Please note all Applicants have until December 11, 2023, to submit their proposals
- Prospective applicants are advised to review the Request for Applications to determine their eligibility and to gain insights into the funding priorities.
- Official website: http://africa.harvard.edu/motsepe-presidential-research-accelerator-fund-africa
Review and Funding Timeline
- October 9, 2023: Application portal opens
- December 11, 2023: Application portal closes
- April 2024: Awardees notified
- May 2024: Funds dispersed