The University of Chicago in partnership with the Stamps Scholars Program offers grants awards for ideal third-year Undergraduate students in the College. All Interested and eligible students can apply to the program in the Spring Quarter of their second year.
Successfully selected Students (Stamps Scholars) will be funded to support experiential learning opportunities during their final two years in College, including internships, research projects, entrepreneurial endeavours, and other opportunities.
Interested high school students for the University of Chicago Stamps Scholars Program can visit the University’s College Admissions website below.
READ MORE: DSU Scholarship in Italy 2023 For Ambitious and Talented Students – APPLY NOW!
About the University of Chicago Stamps Scholars Program
The University of Chicago’s Partnership with the Stamps Scholars Program became a reality due to the support of benefactors (E.Roe Stamps and Penny his late wife)
The Stamps Scholars Program aims to recognize exceptional students who exemplify leadership, perseverance, scholarship, service, and innovation. University of Chicago Stamps Scholars Program applications are open to second-year students for enrichment grants that allow them to take on ambitious experiential learning projects during their third and fourth years.
Brief History of University of Chicago
The University of Chicago was founded as a coeducational institution in 1890. Since its inception, the University has been providing students with a world-class education.
Regardless of your chosen field of study, be it Arts, humanities, social, or biological sciences, the University of Chicago offers a welcoming and diverse community that will stimulate your intellectual passions.
The students of this institution are smart, broadly interested, academically oriented, and intellectually ambitious. It has a Curriculum that helps to engage the student’s minds and challenges assumptions in a rigorous, interdisciplinary education.
CHECK THIS OUT: African Development Bank Group – AfDB Virtual Internship Program 2022
Benefits of the University of Chicago Stamps Scholars Program
- The University of Chicago Stamps Scholars program is valued at about $20,000. The grant amount is used over the course of their final two years at the University.
- All successfully selected students can utilize the fund during both the summer and the academic year beginning in Summer 2022.
- The Stamps Scholars recipients may use these grant funds for a wide variety of experiential learning opportunities, including internships, research projects, entrepreneurial endeavours, volunteering, attending professional conferences, and other experiences based on at the University’s decision.
- Please note that the award cannot be used for an internship with an organization that was formed for the purpose of supporting a candidate for political office. This is because the University of Chicago is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization under the tax code, hence, it is prohibited from participating in political campaign activities.
READ ALSO: YALI Mandela Washington Fellowship Program 2023 For Young African Leaders – Apply Now!
How to Apply for the University of Chicago Stamps Scholars Program 2023
- Interested and eligible students should note that applications for the 2023 Stamps Scholar Program will reopen during the 2023 Winter Quarter.
- You will need to submit the documents below while applying for the grant’s awards:
- Standard cover sheet with information about the applicant, project, and their faculty or staff mentor, available for download through the Handshake posting (Submit your cover sheet and your resume as one document).
- A one-page resume.
- Unofficial transcript, accessible through myUChicago webpage: http://my.uchicago.edu/
- Statement of purpose (2 pages) single or double spaced is acceptable. The statement should explain:
- Academic or professional goals, especially for their final two years at the University of Chicago
- The experiences the student plans to use the funds for if selected as a Stamps Scholar
- The extent to which the student’s prior experiences have prepared them to succeed in the proposed project(s)
- A letter of recommendation from a University of Chicago faculty, staff member, or University of Chicago-affiliated expert in a relevant field who can attest to the applicant’s character, how viable their proposed projects, including their academic, and extracurricular performance.
- Completed Stamps Scholars Mentor Form from a University of Chicago faculty or staff member, who has agreed to serve as the student’s mentor.
- Visit the official webpage at: https://careeradvancement.uchicago.edu/student-opportunities/stamps-scholars
For more information
READ ALSO: Apply Now For LEX:LEAD Essay Competition 2022 For Students in Developing Countries
Eligibility Criteria for University of Chicago Stamps Scholars program 2023
The ideal candidate for the 2023 Stamps Scholars Program must be Current second-year College students who plan to graduate in June 2024.
Interview with the Stamps Scholars Program
The review committee will nominate a select number of candidates for an interview with the Stamps Scholars Program staff, which will make final decisions.
- How to Make AirPlay Work on Android Devices
- OnePlus Nord 3 Reportedly On Its Way alongside a Host of Other Nord Gadgets
- Amazon Kindle Update Set to Remove an Important Feature for Many Users
- Google Is Now Working On Bringing an Important Missing Feature to Wear OS
- Apple Self Service Repair Set To Come To M1 MacBook Air and Pro
- UNESCO Granada International Writers in Residence Program 2022 – Apply Now!
- Micropayments -The Power Behind Blockchain Games