The University of British Columbia (UBC) – Killam Doctoral Scholarships Applications are ongoing. This scholarship program is considered the most prestigious award available to graduate students at the University of British Columbia (UBC).
Killam Doctorate Scholarships Program was created in memory of Izaak Walton Killam through the Will of his wife, Dorothy Johnston Killam. The main aim of establishing this program is to support advanced education and research at about five Canadian universities and the Canada Council for the Arts.
The University of British Columbia – Killam Doctoral Scholarships is an Annual award from the Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Fund for Advanced Studies. Those selected would receive scholarships (Be likely to contribute to the advancement of learning or to win distinction in a profession).
It is believed that a Killam scholar should not be a one-sided person, he/she should be a Special distinction of intellect founded upon sound character.
Summary University of British Columbia Killam Doctoral Scholarships
- Type: Postgraduate
- Host Organization: University of British Columbia (UBC)
- Country to study: Canada
- Study institution: University of British Columbia
- Eligible Course: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: September 13, 2022
About University of British Columbia (UBC)
University of British Columbia (UBC) is a prestigious and famous institution. UBC adopts a global stage for teaching, learning and research, it has consistently ranked among the top 20 public universities globally and was recently been recognized as North America’s most international university.
UBC was founded in 1915 with a motto which states “Tuum Est” meaning (It is Yours). This serves as a declaration of the university’s commitment to attracting and supporting those who have the drive to shape a better world.
Hence, UBC students, faculty and staff continue to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo, placing the institution at the forefront of discovery, learning and engagement.
Aim and Benefits of UBC Killam Doctoral Scholarships
The Killam Doctoral Scholarships is worth about $30,000 per annum and a $2,000 allowance for research-related travel during the 24 months of the scholarship.
How to Apply for the University of British Columbia – Killam Doctorate Scholarships 2023
- Applicants for the Killam Doctorate Scholarships (such as international students) must submit their application materials to the College of Graduate Studies by the deadline indicated above.
- To gain consideration for the UBC Killam Doctoral Scholarships, you must apply for the Affiliated Fellowships-Doctoral award competition by clicking the link below: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/affiliated-fellowships-doctoral-program
- Ensure that the application documents are received by the College of Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline date mentioned above.
- You can Visit the UBC website at: https://gradstudies.ok.ubc.ca/resources/award-opportunities/killam-doctoral-scholarship/ for more details
Requirements for UBC Killam Doctoral Scholarships Qualification
In other to be eligible to apply for the University of British Columbia Killam Doctoral Scholarship funding:
- All Applicants must have completed 24 months of doctoral study as of the start date of the scholarship.
- The Applicant’s Research ability and potential – 50%
- Quality of research proposal
- The clarity in the description of the proposed methodology
- The significance and expected contributions to the research
- Training such as academic training lived experience and traditional teachings
- Research experience and achievements with a focus on the applicant’s stage of study lived experience and knowledge systems
- The Quality of contributions and the extent to which they advance the field of research.
- The Demonstration of sound judgment and ability to think critically
- A display of responsible and ethical research conduct, including honest and thoughtful inquiry, rigorous analysis, commitment to safety and to the dissemination of research results and adherence to the use of professional standards
- Demonstration of Enthusiasm for research, originality, initiative, autonomy, relevant community involvement and outreach
- Ability to communicate theoretical, technical and/or scientific concepts clearly and logically in written and oral formats
The last date for submission of application for the UBC Killam Doctorate Scholarships is September 13, 2022.
- How to Make AirPlay Work on Android Devices
- OnePlus Nord 3 Reportedly On Its Way alongside a Host of Other Nord Gadgets
- Amazon Kindle Update Set to Remove an Important Feature for Many Users
- Google Is Now Working On Bringing an Important Missing Feature to Wear OS
- Apple Self Service Repair Set To Come To M1 MacBook Air and Pro
- UNESCO Granada International Writers in Residence Program 2022 – Apply Now!
- Micropayments -The Power Behind Blockchain Games