The African Development Bank AfDB Virtual Internship 2022 Applications is now open. The famous African Development Bank Group is offering internship opportunities to young Africans currently undertaking their Masters’ program in recognized educational institutions.
Details of the AFDB Virtual Internship Program 2022
- Organization: African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Country to study: Cote d’Ivoire
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: September 1, 2022
- Target: Master’s Degree Students
About AFDB Virtual Internship Program 2022
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) is a famous financial institution that was established in 1964. African Development Bank (AfDB) is a pan-African development institution, promotes economic growth and social progress across the continent of Africa.
It currently has 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The AfDB agenda for development is to deliver the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
The African Development Bank (AfDB) seeks to promote economic and social development efforts on the continent, the Bank Group comprises of three entities namely: The African Development Bank (AfDB), created with a signed agreement by 23 founding member states in Khartoum, Sudan. The group has two parts to it – The African Development Fund (ADF), established in 1972 by the African Development Bank and 13 non-African countries; and the Nigeria Trust Fund (NTF).
The AFDB Virtual Internship Program 2022 Aim and Benefits
The objectives of the AfDB Virtual Internship program are:
- To make opportunities available for students to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- To Provide the African Development Bank (AfDB) with lots of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
- The above benefits are not a guarantee for applicants to expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the Bank.
How to Apply to the African Development Bank AfDB Virtual internship 2022
Please note that:
- The selection of Participants is done on a competitive basis, based on the business needs of the Bank.
- Applicants can only be considered for the internship if they submit an online complete application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- The AfDB operates two (2) internship sessions during the year 2022. The Selection phase for session 1 of the 2022 internship program has been finalized and the interns are already on board. Therefore, this announcement/information is for session 2 which will run from August 2022 through December 2022.
- For more details about the AfDB Virtual internship, visit AFDB website at: https://www.afdb.org/en/vacancy/2022-virtual-internship-program-session-ii-54210
Requirements for AFDB Virtual Internship Program 2022 Qualification
In other to be considered for AfDB Virtual internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicants must have reached the age of majority in their country of nationality or origin and be not more than Thirty (30) years old at the time of commencement of the internship program.
- Applicants must be current Masters degree students in a recognized public or private educational institution of higher learning.
- Applicants must Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above-mentioned Degree.
- Applicants should be able to speak at least one of the Banks’s two working languages; English or French.
- He/She should be able to use the Bank’s standard software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); and knowledge of SAP is desirable.
- The ideal candidate must be a national of the Member Countries of the African Development Bank.
AfDB Virtual Internship Terms and Conditions
- The AfDB Internships shall be granted to each candidate for a minimum period of 3 months and a Maximum of 6 months. Candidates are only authorized once for the internship
- As a result of the prevailing COVID-19 pandemic, interns shall not be required to travel to the duty station.
- The AfDB Virtual internship shall be done remotely from the interns’ respective locations. As a result, interns are expected to have access to a personal computer, reliable internet connection, and a conducive living environment that facilitates smooth and uninterrupted remote working.
- In certain cases, the Internship cannot be performed remotely, the Bank may approve on-site internships on an exceptional basis. Therefore;
- The cost of air travel shall be covered by the Interns, to and from the Bank’s location as well as their upkeep.
- Access to the bank’s office premises shall be given to Only interns who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- The AfDB will assist interns in obtaining their entry and residence visas.
- Selected Interns will benefit from medical insurance coverage paid by the Bank during the period of their internship.
- All interns will be paid a monthly stipend.
- Internship Timeline: Session 2 of the 2022 Internship Program will run from August 2022 through December 2022
September 1, 2022