The Granada UNESCO City of Literature invites applications for its International Writers in Residency program 2022. This program is open to all writers regardless of their location.
The Writers in Residency program is structured and set up by the Granada UNESCO City of Literature and the University of Granada, to foster contacts and establish bonds between writers from Granada and writers around the globe.
The aim is to extend the international reach of Granada-based writers, as well as build international awareness of the cultural fabric of the city of Granada, and to promote Granada as a city of the arts that is home to talents from abroad.
The program seeks to strengthen international partnerships in the arts sector and specifically in the field of writing.
Summary of UNESCO Granada Writers in Residence Program 2022
- Type: College School
- Organization: UNESCO
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: September 1, 2022
Brief History of UNESCO
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is an agency of the United Nations, established to promote world peace and security through international cooperation in education, arts, sciences and culture.
The agency currently has about 193 member states and 11 associate members, as well as partners in the non-governmental, intergovernmental and private sector.
UNESCO has its Headquarters at the World Heritage Centre in Paris, France, with 53 regional field offices and 199 national commissions that facilitate its global mandate.
Meanwhile, UNESCO was founded in 1945 as the successor to the League of Nations’ International Committee on Intellectual Cooperation.
The activities and programs of UNESCO contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals defined in Agenda 2030, adopted by the UN General Assembly in 2015.
UNESCO Granada Writers in Residence Programme 2022 Aims and Benefits
- Two writers will spend 30 nights (A Month) in Granada between November 3 and December 2, 2022, at the Corrala de Santiago of the University of Granada.
- The traveling expenses of selected writers will be covered by Granada UNESCO City of Literature.
- The accommodation cost for the two writers will be covered by the University of Granada, with writers occupying different rooms with full board at the university’s hall of residence for visitors (Corrala de Santiago).
- The writers in residence will be provided with opportunities to participate in the city’s literary life, arranging contacts with local writers, involvement in workshops, teaching activities, and many more
Eligibility Criteria for UNESCO Granada Writers in Residence Programme 2022 Qualification
- The Writers in Residence Program is aimed at writers residing in any country regardless of the language they write.
- Writers must have published at least two books such books as prose fiction, essays, poetry, etc. Not including self-publishing.
- Must be Intermediate to high level of language skills in English or Spanish.
- The following requirements are optional, although will also be positively valued:
- A Good Knowledge of Spanish language.
- An interest in the Cultural and historical city of Granada.
- Book extract (1500–3000 words) from one of your books, in Spanish or English.
- Letter(s) of recommendation.
How to Apply for UNESCO Granada Writers in Residence Programme 2022
- All applicants should complete the application form with correct details
- Then the completed application forms should be submitted by email to the right person in Granada UNESCO City of Literature, Carmen Casares, firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than September 1, 2022.
- Click the link below to Download The Application Form: https://granadaciudaddeliteratura.com/web/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/2022_APPLICATION_GRANADA_WRITERS_IN_RESIDENCE_PROGRAMME-1.pdf
Visit the UNESCO website at: https://granadaciudaddeliteratura.com/en/2022-granada-writers-in-residence-programme/ For more details.