The Mandela Washington Fellowship 2023 provides a platform to enable young African leaders to come into the United States for academic coursework and leadership training and to create unique opportunities for Fellows.
YALI Mandela Washington Fellowship Program 2023 For Young African Leaders
Americans are also made to collaborate as they strengthen democratic governance, and enhance peace and security across Africa and the United States.
Mandela Washington Fellowship program for Young African Leaders is the initiative of the U.S. Government’s Young African Leaders (YALI).
About Mandela Washington Fellowship
The Fellowship was established in 2014. It has since then brought about the influx of over 5,000 young leaders from every country in Sub-Saharan Africa to the United States for academic and leadership training.
Applicants who desires to be part of the program must be innovators and leaders in their communities and countries, and should be a minimum of 25years to a maximum of 35 years old.
This year’s edition of Mandela Washington Fellowship will bring about 700 young African leaders to the US in the summer of 2023 for a comprehensive executive-style program. This program is aimed at Building skills and empowering Fellows to lead in their fields and communities at large.
Summary of YALI Mandela Washington Fellowship 2023
- Organization: Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI)
- Country to study: United States
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: September 13, 2022
YALI Mandela Washington Fellowship 2023 Aim and Benefits
- Fellows will participate actively in a six-week Leadership Institute at a United States university to share your experiences with and learn from other Fellows.
- It’s a platform to Explore industries beyond your daily work and expand your expertise.
- The fellowship presents an Opportunity to attend a Summit with young African leaders in Washington, D.C.
- The fellowship provides an avenue to connect with the U.S. Government, civic, and business leaders.
- Use new connections, ideas and skill to Strengthen your work .
How to Apply for YALJ Mandela Washington Fellowship 2023
- To apply, Visit the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) on the webpage below: mandelawashingtonfellowship.org
- It is important to note that Fellows are not allowed to have dependents to accompany them.
Eligibility Criteria for YALI Mandela Washington Fellowship 2023 Qualification
The YALI program does not consider the Applicant’s race, color, gender, religion, socioeconomic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The YALI Mandela Washington Fellowship is open to young African leaders who meet the following criteria below:
- The Young leader must be between the ages of 25 and 35 on or before the application deadline.
- The fellowship is not open to US. Nationals
- Interested applicants must be free to receive a J-1 visa of the United States
- Employees or family members of employees of the U.S. Government are not allowed to apply
- It is mandatory for applicants to be proficient in English language.
- Applicants must be citizens sub-Saharan countries to be eligible
- The fellowship is not open to Alumni of the Mandela Washington Fellowship.
Interested Applicants should please note the following criteria that will be used to evaluate applications:
- An evidence of demonstrated leadership and accomplishment in business, civic engagement, or public service;
- A shown commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship;
- Being able to work cooperatively in diverse groups and to respect the opinions of others;
- An excellent social and communication skills;
- An energetic, and with a positive attitude;
- Displayed knowledge of, interest in, and professional experience in the preferred sector/track; and
- The fellow’s commitment to apply leadership skills and training When returned to Africa
YALI Mandela Washington Fellowship Application Timeline
- Application opens – August 16, 2022
- September 13, 2022 – Application deadline
- November 2022 – January 2023 – Semi-finalists interviewed by local U.S. embassies and consulates
- March 2023 – Notification of Applicants status
- May 2023 – The Visa processing period and Pre-Departure Orientations for Finalists
- June 2023 – The commencement of fellowship in the United States
Get more details by visiting YALI website at: https://www.mandelawashingtonfellowship.org/