The JASSO Follow-Up Research Fellowship 2023 is open to all eligible international students from developing countries. The Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO), has established the Follow-up Research Fellowship program for former international students in Japan, particularly those from developing countries.
The Follow-Up Research Fellowship program is an opportunity that has been designed for researchers to engage in short-term research lasting 60-90 consecutive days. Now, to fully understand the scope of the Follow-up Research Fellowship, you need to understand the organization behind it.
About Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO)
The Japan Student Services Organization otherwise referred to as JASSO, was founded on April 1, 2004, through the consolidation of various scholarship loan programs and support initiatives for international students in Japan.
These resources were brought together from institutions like the Japan Scholarship Foundation, the Association of International Education, Japan, and others. The primary purpose of JASSO, as outlined in the Act of the Japan Student Services Organization, is to provide comprehensive support to international students studying in Japan.
Benefits of the Follow-Up Research Fellowship
All successfully selected Candidates for the JASSO Follow-up Research Fellowship, can expect the following benefits:
- Round-trip Airfare: The fellowship provides coverage for your round-trip airfare. This means you can travel to Japan and return home without worrying about the financial burden of airfare.
- Daily Allowance: On top of airfare, you will also receive a daily allowance of ¥11,000. This daily stipend ensures that you can comfortably cover your daily expenses, making your research experience in Japan even more rewarding.
- Remuneration for Cooperation: The fellowship extends to your research advisor as well. They can receive remuneration of up to ¥50,000 for their cooperation. This incentive is designed to foster productive and collaborative research efforts.
Having seen the amazing benefits and opportunities offered by the JASSO Follow-up Research Fellowship, let’s examine the eligibility requirements:
- Age Limit: Applicants must be under 45 years old to be considered for this fellowship.
- Post-Study Period: To apply, you should have spent at least one year outside of Japan after completing your previous studies in the country.
To apply for JASSO Follow-Up Research Fellowship 2023:
- Submit five printed copies of application forms, with one original copy of Form 1.
- Provide digital file data. Make sure to adhere to the guidelines for file submission as specified on the JASSO website.
For detailed information about the application process, visit the official JASSO website at http://www.jasso.go.jp/en/ryugaku/after_study_j/tanken/index.html
The last date for the JASSO Follow-Up Research Fellowship application is November 30, 2023.
Your host university may have a different deadline, so ensure that you verify these dates with your institution.