The United Nations University (UNU) Masters Scholarship in Germany is now accepting applications from aspiring scholars from developing countries with a passion for addressing environmental risks and human security issues.
The United Nations University (UNU) Masters Scholarship is offered as part of the EPOS funding scheme provided by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
This post explores the details of this scholarship including its significant step toward enhancing your academic and professional career. Read on!
UNU Masters Scholarship Programme – Details
The core of this scholarship at UNU lies in the Joint Master’s Programme, which equips postgraduate students with in-depth knowledge, critical thinking skills, and interdisciplinary strategies to tackle environmental risks and human security challenges.
The United Nations University (UNU) Masters Scholarship Programme was established in 2017, it is one of the selected international postgraduate programs that benefit from the DAAD’s EPOS funding scheme.
The Joint M.Sc. Programme is a result of a fruitful collaboration between the University of Bonn Department of Geography and the United Nations University. This is a substantial contribution to the internationalization of the University of Bonn and is proudly supported by DAAD.
About United Nations University (UNU)
The United Nations University World Institute for Development Economics Research was founded over 30 years ago in Helsinki, Finland. The university serves as a unique blend of a think tank, research institute, and UN agency.
It provides economic analysis and policy advice with the goal of promoting sustainable and equitable development worldwide. This institute is dedicated to offering valuable policy advice to governments and conducting original research.
Benefits of UNU-EHS Masters Scholarship
- Successful applicants will receive funding that covers all expenses directly related to their study program and the cost of living in Bonn.
- This financial support aims to ensure that students can fully immerse themselves in their studies without the burden of financial concerns.
Requirements for UNU-EHS Masters Scholarship
To be eligible for the UNU-EHS Masters scholarship, candidates must meet certain criteria:
- Applicants must come from a “Developing Country” according to the classification of the DAAD.
- Candidates should possess at least two years of practical work experience, such as with an NGO, government organization, or the private sector, in a field related to the study program.
- Candidates should have graduated with a Bachelor’s degree no longer than five years ago.
- Applicants should not have completed another Master’s program in a similar field of study.
- Aspiring practitioners in a field related to the program of study are preferred.
How to Apply
To be considered for the UNU-EHS Masters Scholarship, ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria. The steps below will guide you for a smooth application process:
- The first step is to apply for the program itself and keep in mind that acceptance into the program does not guarantee acceptance for the scholarship.
- The selection process for EPOS funding occurs between February and April each year.
- If you don’t meet the EPOS requirements, there are alternative funding programs in Germany worth exploring.
For more information and detailed application instructions, please visit the UNU website at: http://ehs.unu.edu/education/masters/international-joint-msc-programme-geography-of-environmental-risks-and-human-security.html#requirements
December 15, 2023.
More Related Content
- UNU-EHS Masters Scholarships 2023 Fully Funded – APPLY NOW!
- UNU-EHS Masters Scholarships Fully Funded – Apply Now!
- UNFCCC/UNU Early Career Climate Fellowship Program 2023 – Apply Now!
- United Nations Graduate Study Program In Switzerland – Apply Now
- Marketing Manager Jobs with Visa Sponsorship – Apply Now