The 2023-2024 edition of the Green Web Fellowship program, invites Individuals who are passionate about climate justice and digital rights and who want to make a real impact in these critical areas. If this applies to you, the Green Web Foundation has an exciting opportunity for you!
The Green Web Fellowship 2024 is now open for applications, with up to €6,000 stipend offered to successfully selected applicants. It is a remote online program, which means applications from around the world are welcomed. Candidates must ensure to have a stable network as the weekly meetings take place on a video call platform. Also, Participants are required to have a good command of written and spoken English.
Why Participate in the Green Web Fellowship?
The primary objective of the Green Web Fellowship is to create connections between the digital rights and climate justice movements. So, be you a technologist, researcher, activist, or policy maker, this fellowship is designed to meet your interests. If you see potential in bringing these two domains together, this is your chance to shine!
This initiative builds upon the insights and opportunities identified by the Green Screen coalition and the landscape analysis it conducted at the intersection of digital rights and climate justice.
Green Web Fellowship 2024 – What to Expect
- Successful fellows will devote half a day each week of the six-month fellowship to work on their fellowship project.
- Through weekly cohort calls, they’ll collaboratively learn from peers and other field practitioners.
- In addition, fellows will share their insights and experiences by writing monthly blog posts and presenting their projects to a broader audience.
- If you’re curious about previous fellows and their projects, you can find more information on our website.
Who Should Apply for the Green Web Fellowship 2024
A successful fellow should:
- Be an active contributor to the digital rights and/or climate justice movements
- Have a well-defined project that benefits a community they’re part of and bridges the gap between digital rights and climate justice
- Be committed to promoting a more just and sustainable future while fostering collaborative spaces for their communities
- Be affiliated with an organization or work independently
- The foundation would preferably select applications from those most affected by climate change, including individuals from the global south, people of color, indigenous and traditional communities, and specific ethnic-racial groups.
- Projects that are developed by affected communities or in close partnership with them are encouraged.
- Regardless of the maturity level of your project, you’re invited to apply and self-assess the achievability of your project.
Benefits of the Green Web Fellowship program
Fellows accepted into the program will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Fellows will receive up to €6,000 stipend
- Mentorship from experienced practitioners in areas such as greening the internet, climate justice, digital rights, and facilitative leadership
Fellows will be expected to:
- Dedicate 5 hours a week to their fellowship for six months
- Design and execute a fellowship project that contributes to digital rights and climate justice
- Actively participate in weekly cohort calls and engage in self-directed learning while documenting their journey
- Share their experiences and learnings through monthly blog posts
To apply for the Green Web Fellowship program in 2024, interested and qualified candidates can access the application form via this link: https://www.thegreenwebfoundation.org/fellowships/call-for-applications/#application-form
Applicants must ensure that they provide accurate information when completing the application form
Once applications are submitted, applicants will be notified about their application status after the committee meeting in November.
Key Dates for the Green Web Fellowship 2024
- Application deadline: October 31, 2023
- Commencement of Fellowship: December 07, 2023, for a duration of six months