If you want to know how to cancel a Green Dot Card, read the instructions on this page carefully and follow them to the letters.
Closing or canceling your Green Dot card or account is very easy, all you need to know is the appropriate steps. First off read. An overview of Green Dot is below;
Green Dot is an American financial technology and bank holding company that has its headquarters in Austin. Green Dot is the largest prepaid debit; card company by market capitalization. It is also a payment platform that is used by Apple pay cash, Uber, and Intuit.
This company started in the year 1999 and was created by Steven Streit. It was created originally to be used as a shopping card.
The Green Dot card is a prepaid debit card and it allows people to refill the balance every time they need. Having that in mind, people can always use the Green Dot card as a credit card for any payments they have to make.
Green Dot was originally a private company and it has been around for lots of years. It changed from a private to a public company in 2010 and grew more and more since then.
Green Dot purchases brands such as Unirush Financial services, Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, Loopt, and Achieve Card.
The headquarter of this brand is located in California. It became the largest market cap in the world that offered prepaid credit cards. Green Dot cards could make payments for Intuit, Uber, and Apple Pay Cash and the corporate world only grow more with time.
Green Dot launched its digital bank and co-branded with several other businesses such as AT&T, Walmart, Citibank, and many other big brands. Presently, it offers a user’s savings account, 3% cash back, and interest for those who opt for an unlimited cashback type of account.
However, Green Dot is not what we call a “line of credit”, Instead, it makes deductions from potential purchases from the store. Users of Green Dot can add money to their cards by the mean of a paycheck or from the point of sale of a certain store.
Now that we know the very foundation of Green Dot and what it does, Let’s move straight to the focus of our explanations.
How to Close a Green Dot Account
Closing or permanently deleting your account is very simple. Start this procedure by clearing all the payments that you already have. After doing that, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, go to your email account and click “Compose Email.”
- Then, write in the subject line, “Request to delete my account.”
- Address your email to the official Green Dot email. You can get this from their official website at green.dot.com.
- Now, you can create the body of your email. Here, you can state the reason why you wish to close your account.
- Remember to mention that they should delete your contact information, if possible.
- Now, click “send.”
Once the message gets to the customer service department of GreenDot, your account will be closed by them.
Note that a canceled account can be reactivated, and there is a chance that the deleted account may not be. As a result, consider whether you’d like to use a Green Dot Account again in the future.
Canceling a Green Dot Card
Canceling a Green Dot Card will require that you first clear out all of your payments. If you close your account, your credit may be affected. The action of closing your account may lower your credit more than you expect.
To avoid problems, you must first cancel any bills associated with your Green Dot Account. Some of these bills may be subscriptions or utility bills. You can move them to another active card. After doing that, follow the steps below:
- Go to greendot.com for the official Green Dot website.
- After that, log in to your account using the steps shown in the later part of this article.
- When you have done that, click “close card.”
To request a new card, you will have to pay an extra fee.
How to Reactivate a Green Dot Card
If for one reason or another, you wish to reactivate your green dot card, you can only do this when your account has been closed, not deleted.
Follow the steps below to reactivate your green dot card.
- Remove the Green Dot card’s sticker and look for a toll-free number to contact Green Dot. You can get in touch with customer service at the number you find on the website.
- Immediately after you get in contact with them, add the number to the credit card.
- You will be asked several questions by the customer service agent, which you must answer to get your card reactivated.
When you have gone through all these processes properly, you will receive an email of confirmation. This will occur if your email has not been permanently deleted with the data.
Green Dot Login
As stated above, you will have to be logged into your Green Dot account to perform the actions given above. Follow the steps below to log in to your account.
How to Login to Your Green Dot Account
The following are the major steps to logging into your Green Dot Account:
- Visit the official login page of Green Dot at greendot.com.
- When you go to the official page of Green Dot, click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the page.
- After that, click “Login” from the revealed options.
- You will then be led to a login page. Fill in the blanks with the details requested, such as your user ID and password.
- After that, click “login.”
These are the major steps required to log in to your Green Dot account.
Green Dot Register
If you do not already have a Green Dot account, you can follow the steps given below to create one.
How to Create a Green Dot Account
Here are the major steps required to create a Green Dot account:
- Go to greendot.com.
- On the top right part of the page, click the icon that says “Open an account.”
- You will be led to a new page. Enter your email and complete the captcha test.
Follow the remaining instructions given on your screen to complete the registration process.
Green Dot Customer Service
If you have some issues with your Green Dot Card or account, they are best addressed or handled by the Green Dot Customer Service team. Visit Green Dot’s official website at www.greendot.com for contact information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Green Dot closed my account with money in it.
If this is your situation, all you have to do is verify that the email address is up-to-date and select “Close account and get a refund check.” Within 14 days of closing your account, your check will be mailed to the address on file.
This procedure will automatically close your account.
How can I cancel my Green Dot account offline?
You can do this by contacting customer support and having them close your account for you.
What Is the Monthly Fee of a Green Dot Card?
The monthly fee for a deposit of $1000 per month will be $7.95. Where ATMs are involved, the fee is usually $3. This will, however, depend on the ATM that you are using.
Can we reopen a closed Green Dot account?
Yes, you can. However, if the fee on your account gets, your account will be deleted without prior notice. If this happens, call the customer service unit.
More Related Content
- Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card – Card Application Process Easy @www.chase.com
- Self Visa Credit Card – Login Apply & Activation Your Self Credit Card @…
- www.biz2credit.com Funding – Login to Your Biz2credit Account @ www.biz2credit.com
- Hilton Honors American Express Card – Start Your Card Application & Activation @ www.hilton.com
- PayPal Credit Card – Visit www.paypal.com/activatecard For Your Card Activation