Are you an Outstanding young Graduate? Apply for the UNFCCC/UNU Early Career Climate Fellowship Programme 2023. The program offers young people from developing countries a unique opportunity to start their careers at the interface between international climate policy development and research.
UNFCCC/UNU Early Career Climate Fellowship Program 2023
Graduates from developing countries who are academically outstanding and are in the early stages of their careers are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to women, thus women applicants from Least Developed Countries are given the highest priority.
UNFCCC – UNU Early Career Climate Fellowship Programme will run for a year with the possibility of an extension of one further year subject to satisfactory performance. Selection of Fellows will be made based on their skills and backgrounds. After the Fellowship, the Early Career Climate Fellows will be able to deploy the valuable experience and insights they have gained in Bonn.
Details About UNFCCC/UNU Early Career Climate Fellowship Program
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: United Nations University (UNU)
- Country to study: Germany
- School to study: United Nations University
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2022
About United Nations University (UNU)
Headquartered in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan, the United Nations University is the academic arm of the United Nations. The institution has a mission to resolve global issues related to human development and welfare through collaborative research and education.
The United Nations Institute commenced operations over 30 years ago in Helsinki, Finland, as the first research center of the United Nations University.
How to Apply for UNFCCC/UNU Early Career Climate Fellowship Program?
Kindly follow the steps below to apply for UNFCCC/UNU Early Career Climate Fellowship Program.
- Fill the UNU P11 form: https://i.unu.edu/media/unu.edu/page/24952/UNU-P11-PHP-Personal-History-Form-FINAL.docx
- Submit a 1-page cover letter showing out how your qualifications and experience match the requirements of the position;
- The next is to submit an updated CV (max. 2 pages) and your academic transcripts and degree certificates in one pdf file
- Submit your application via the apply link on: https://careers.unu.edu/o/unfccc-unu-early-career-climate-fellowship-programme and respond to the mandatory questions tailored to the position
- Upload copies of the aforementioned documents.
- UNU website: https://ehs.unu.edu/about/climate-fellowships/auto-draft-115.html#overview
Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered. Also, Once the call has closed, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Eligibility Criteria for UNFCCC/UNU Early Career Climate Fellowship Program Qualification
- Candidates must come from a developing country and be 32 years or younger at the time of application.
- Applicants holding dual nationality must have one nationality corresponding to a least developed country
- Candidates are expected to have lived in the least developed country for a minimum of six (6) years.
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in the interface between international climate policy and research. Additionally, applicants should be highly motivated to work and learn in a multicultural and interdisciplinary environment.
- Strong written and spoken English skills are required of applicants to meet plus Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
- Candidates should demonstrate relevant key competencies required for this fellowship, in line with the UN Values and Behaviors Framework and the respective placements at both organizations.
- Successfully selected candidates will be invited to participate in a written assessment designed to verify the candidate’s suitability and skills required for the position.
- Applicants who successfully complete the written assessment will subsequently be invited to interview, which will be conducted via Zoom or telephone.
Documents Required for Application
- Cover letter (maximum 1 page in length) stating the qualifications, experience and future career goals
- Updated CV (maximum 2 pages in length)
- Signed Personal History Form
- Academic transcripts/degree certificates to date.
December 31, 2022.
More Related Content
- Mozilla Foundation Responsible Computer Science Challenge – Apply Now!
- FASPE Journalism Fellowship Program 2023 – Journalism Students and Early career Journalists
- Skoll MBA Scholarships for International Students – Apply Now!
- Stanbic IBTC FUZE Festival 2022 – For Fashion Designers & Tech Innovators
- World Literacy Awards 2023: Nomination Call