Applications are open for the Mozilla foundation Responsible Computer Science Challenge 2023 in Kenya. The Challenge is a collaborative effort of the USAID and Mozilla. They’re supporting the conceptualization, piloting, and scaling of curricula that integrate interdisciplinary perspectives with computer science training.
Mozilla Foundation Responsible Computer Science Challenge
This Program is designed to educate new technologists to account for the human consequences of technology design and use, to reimagine the technology ecosystems, and to build a better future.
The whole educational experiences is meant to provide future technologists with the historical and social context they need to better understand the impact of their work and equip them with frameworks to build responsible trustworthy technologies.
Details About Mozilla Foundation Responsible Computer Science Challenge
- Program Type: Entrepreneurs
- Organization: Mozilla
- Country: Kenya
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 17, 2023
Mozilla Foundation was established in 2003, it is an American non-profit organization that exists to support and lead the open source Mozilla project.
The foundation regulates the development, as well as operates key infrastructure and controls Mozilla trademarks and copyrights. The Mozilla Corporation which is a body of the foundation employs many Mozilla developers and coordinates releases of the Mozilla Firefox web browser and Mozilla Thunderbird email client.
Benefits of Mozilla Foundation Responsible Computer Science Challenge 2023
The Responsible Computer Science Challenge awards up to 10 grants from a pool of $250 000 USD to innovation hubs and accredited institutions of higher education in Kenya (that deals with computer science programs)
Eligibility Criteria for Mozilla Foundation Responsible Computer Science Challenge
- The Computer Science Challenge is open to accredited institutions of higher education and innovation
- These Institutions must be based in Kenya.
- Idea Applications must be from individuals who are eligible to receive grants within a computer science, information science / technology, data science, sociology, science and technology studies and allied department program.
- To be eligible, the Innovation hubs are expected to be contracted staff members who are authorized to plan and execute events for the hub’s networks.
How to Apply for Mozilla Foundation Responsible Computer Science Challenge
- Click this link: http://mozilla.fluxx.io/apply/rcs to Apply for Responsible Computer Science Challenge 2023 in Kenya
- The link below will assist you on the Application Guide: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PFLyPjA517u0Ot1Z5edTIefWfAO7wFer/view?usp=share_link
- Visit Mozilla Foundation website at: https://foundation.mozilla.org/en/what-we-fund/awards/responsible-computer-science-challenge/application/
Selection Process for Mozilla Foundation Responsible Computer Science Challenge
Challenge submissions are evaluated by a panel of experts from academic, nonprofit, and for-profit organizations working in the fields of computer science, ethics, technology, and other experts from related domain areas.
Evaluations will be made on the merits of the proposed concept. Reviews will be made in the basis of the following:
- Vision Alignment to RCS
- Movement Building
- Working Open
The required Letter of Intent is due on 15th December, 2022
The Deadline date for application is January 17, 2023 Midnight EAT.
January 17, 2023
- Millions of Users Have Had Their Data Sold On Bot Markets According To Reports
- Many SMBs Are Still Not Equipped To Deal with Cyberattacks
- Kids Best Podcasts: The Best Kids Podcasts of 2022
- Practical Tips to Help us Stay Fit for Christmas
- Best Fitness Band to Purchase in 2022 -Best Fitness Band
- Fantastic Holiday Gift to Buy This Year (Before They Sell Out)