Applications are ongoing for FASPE Journalism Fellowship Program 2023! The FASPE Journalism Fellowship Program is one of the world’s leading schemes for Journalism students and mid-career journalists to explore journalism in depth.
FASPE Journalism Fellowship Program 2023
The FASPE Journalism Fellowship Program is designed as an intensive, two-week study programme in professional ethics and ethical leadership.
FASPE is an annual awards program that offers a slot of up to 14 to 16 journalism students and early-career journalists. Successful Fellows are required to spend two weeks in Berlin and Poland, where they visit key sites of Nazi history and participate in daily seminars led by specialized faculty.
The curriculum of this prestigious fellowship award is designed to challenge Fellows to critically examine constructs, current developments, and issues that raise ethical concerns in their professions in contemporary settings in which they work.
Details About FASPE Journalism Fellowship Program 2023
- Organization: FASPE
- Target: Journalism Students and Mid-career Journalist
- Gender: Open to Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 3, 2023
- Number of awards: 14 to 16 journalists
The Topics to be examined by FASPE Journalism Fellows include:
- Participation of German and foreign journalists in Nazi policies through inadequate coverage or outright misrepresentation of the crimes being committed
- Impact of technology on journalism
- The Role played by journalists in electoral politics and in holding power accountable
- Nature and attributes of advocacy journalism
- The Normalization of aberrant behavior through media coverage
- Challenges in reporting in an era of fake news and accusations of fake news
- Balance creation to the costs and benefits of access tactics to address ethical issues within the journalism community or media outlets
The establishment of FASPE was in response to two distinct yet interrelated societal forces which are; The concern over the rampant breakdown of ethical values in several of our most important and respected professions and The challenge of memorialization and education as the Holocaust becomes more distant over time.
FASPE’s challenge seeks to draw contemporary meaning and currency from the increasingly distant Nazi period through the study of the ethical breakdown of the professions in Nazi Germany and the lessons to learn regarding the ethical responsibilities of professionals in our day.
The FASPE Journalism Program challenges its Fellows to recognize their responsibility to act as ethical leaders in their careers in journalism and the media.
How to Apply for FASPE Journalism Fellowship Program 2023?
Are you Interested and qualified? Kindly locate FASPE on www.faspe-ethics.org to apply.
- Please Note that the Applications must contain the above-mentioned documents
- FASPE official website: https://www.faspe-ethics.org/journalism/
Eligibility Criteria for FASPE Journalism Fellowship Program 2023 Qualification
Applicants for the FASPE Journalism Program must fit into one of the following two categories to be eligible
- Applicants must have some journalistic experience (whether in a college newsroom or otherwise) and be enrolled in a graduate programme of any kind and planning to work as a journalist; OR
- The Applicants must be working as a journalist with less than 10 years of professional experience
- Candidates with aired or published journalistic work recognized by news organizations will be given preference
Documents Required for application
- Current Resume
- Online form
- Short Essay Questions
- Letters of Recommendation
January 3, 2023.
More Related Content
- Housekeeping Room Attendant Jobs In USA with Visa Sponsorship – Apply Now!
- Stanbic IBTC FUZE Festival 2022 – For Fashion Designers & Tech Innovators
- World Literacy Awards 2023: Nomination Call
- STIAS ISO LOMSO Fellowships for African Researchers 2023 – Apply Now!
- VC4A TechBridge Acceleration Program – APPLY NOW!