We are pleased to inform you that Applications are now Open for STIAS ISO LOMSO Fellowship 2023. It is an amazing opportunity to take part in a cohort of Africa’s brightest upcoming researchers. The current round for ISO LOMSO Fellowship 2023 closes by Feb 15, 2023.
Meanwhile, Iso Lomso means ‘the eye of tomorrow’ in isiXhosa: seeing towards the future, laying the foundations for tomorrow.
STIAS ISO LOMSO Fellowships for African Researchers
The fellowship program is aimed at African scholars with aa doctoral degreewithin the preceding seven years and who hold an academic position at a university or research institution anywhere in Africa.
Ideal Candidates are expected to have established a research program and have completed a post-doctoral fellowship.
About ISO LOMSO Fellowship
The Iso Lomso fellowship program seeks to address the existing gap between completion of the Ph.D. and becoming an established scholar in Africa. Participants are expected to be present at STIAS for the complete duration of their STIAS residency.
There are no academic obligations other than pursuing the proposed research project. One other duties expected of fellows are to share in the discussion over lunch which is served daily, and to participate in the Thursday STIAS fellows’ seminar where they are expected to present their work to other fellows and invited academics from the local community.
Details About STIAS ISO LOMSO Fellowships
- Organization: Stellenbosch University
- Country: South Africa
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: February 15, 2023
About Stellenbosch University
Stellenbosch University currently have a total of 29 000 students including 4 000 foreign students from about 100 countries. The University also have 3 000 permanent staff members plus 1 000 academics on five campuses.
Stellenbosch University’s unique campus atmosphere has attracted local and foreign students alike. It has paved walkways wind between campus buildings On the main campus
Benefits of the ISO LOMSO Fellowships for African Researchers
- The ISO LOMSO Fellowships Residential periods will be agreed mutually between the fellow, his or her home institution and STIAS, and may vary between six weeks and five months per residency.
- The very first period of residency will typically be of longer duration to be taken up during 2022, followed by two further residencies through 2024. The Residence fellows will receive regular STIAS fellow support which includes:
- Economy return flight;
- Accommodation within walking distance from the institute;
- Well furnished offices with a PC, telephone and printer
- Monthly stipend for daily living costs;
- Have access to the Stellenbosch University library (including electronic resources) and a high-speed internet connection;
- Opportunity to participate in the regular STIAS fellows programme, including daily lunch, weekly fellows’ seminars, STIAS public lectures and social events;
- Fellows with children will Receive child care subsidy while in residence.
- The Iso Lomso fellows’ home institution will be allowed to apply for a lecturer replacement subsidy during residency periods.
- fellows will continue their regular academic duties at their home institution While not in residence at STIAS Iso Lomso. This period, fellows may apply for a range of research sponsorship interventions.
How to Apply for STIAS ISO LOMSO Fellowships 2023
Visit STIAS website found below for more details and the application procedures: http://stias.ac.za/fellowships/iso-lomso/
Eligibility Criteria for STIAS ISO LOMSO Fellowships Qualification
To be eligible for the ISO LOMSO Fellowship, applicants must meet the criteria below:
- Applicants must be nationals of any African country to be eligible
- Expected to be born after the 1st of January 1979
- Applicant must Have an affiliation at a research or higher education institution in an African country, and continue to do so for the foreseeable future;
- He or She must Have obtained a doctoral degree from any recognized higher education institution (worldwide) after the 1st of January 2014;
- Applicant must Have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent post-PhD research programme;
- Must Be in a position to commence a first period of residency at STIAS during 2022.
Selection Criteria Interview for STIAS ISO LOMSO Fellowships
Selection of Applications will be on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic excellence and strength of the proposed research project
- Applicant’s project’s potential to produce new knowledge
- If the project methodology allows for drawing from different disciplines and its potential to facilitate an interdisciplinary discourse;
- The Relevance of the project for scholarship and knowledge production in Africa;
February 15, 2023
- How to Easily Refresh on Mac
- 10 Best Low-Risk Income Sources for a Safer Retirement
- 5 Retirement Planning Steps to Take
- Best Budgeting Apps for Couples to Manage Their Money
- Harry Potter Movies in Order List: Harry Potter Movies in the Chronological Order List
- Berlin Scholarship 2023 – Fully Funded | Study In Germany