Hasselts University in Belgium, is on a journey toward academic excellence and global impact, the University welcomes suitably qualified students from developing countries to apply for the Master’s Scholarship program in the area of Transportation Sciences, focusing on Road Safety.
The Hasselts University Scholarship invites up to twelve (12) students annually, to pursue a transformative two-year Master’s program.
Hasselts University Scholarship Details
The key highlight of the scholarship lies in its dedicated focus on road safety issues in developing nations. The program addresses these challenges through an integrative approach, encompassing three crucial pillars: the individual, the environment, and society.
The Individual Perspective
- Analyzing human behavior in traffic
- Strategies to influence intentional and unintentional risk behavior
The Environmental Aspect
- Designing self-explaining roads and infrastructure
- Minimizing crash impact through innovative approaches
- Societal Considerations
Understanding societal norms
- Translating norms into effective policy and enforcement measures
- Interdisciplinary Approach
Road safety is not confined to one field. The program adopts a cross-border perspective, integrating elements from psychology, economy, urban planning, environmental studies, engineering, and more.
Benefits of Hasselt University Masters Scholarship
Recipients of the Hasselts University Masters Scholarship will receive the following benefits:
- A Monthly allowance of €1150
- Cost coverage for indirect travel (One-time payment of €150)
- One-time logistical allowance (€850)
- Comprehensive Coverage
- Insurance coverage
- International travel expenses
- Tuition fee support
Eligibility requirements for Hasselts University Masters Scholarship
Aspiring candidates must meet the criteria below to be eligible for this opportunity at Hasselts.
- Should meet the maximum age of 35 as of January 1, 2024
- Limited to applicants from 31 designated countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America
How to Apply
Qualified Candidates should kindly follow the steps below for a successful application:
- Complete the online pre-registration via this link: http://voorinschrijving.uhasselt.be/(S(q30yide1fvciz23nodmqlgk1))/default.aspx ensure that all required fields are filled accurately
- On the study program page, kindly select “Master of Transportation Sciences: Traffic Safety”.
- If eligible, opt for the ICP scholarship on the ICP page.
- Send certified hard copies of required documents by postal mail.
- Ensure timely submission of certified hard copies of all necessary documents. Your application is complete only when both online pre-registration and hard copies are received before the deadline.
- You can explore further details on the Hasselts University website at https://www.uhasselt.be/en/study/programmes/master-of-transportation-sciences#icp-application-procedure
- Passport photo (mandatory for scholarship applicants)
- Secondary/High School Diploma
- English language Proficiency
- Letter of Motivation
- Recommendation Letters (two required for scholarship applicants)
- Higher Education Diplomas
- Higher Education Transcript of Records
- An application form for the VLIR-UOS scholarship. This is mandatory for ICP scholarship applicants.
February 1, 2024.