EJN and SJAI are hosting a workshop on renewable energy in New Delhi from November 24-27, 2023, specifically for communicators from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
This workshop aims to explore various topics related to renewable energy, including research and development in energy conversion and storage, the implementation of clean energy sources within the Just Transitions framework, efficient energy production such as fuel cell development, the challenges of scaling up technology, and the significant connection between energy and health.
The organizers intend to foster interaction between communicators, scientists, researchers, subject experts, and policymakers.
Background of The Workshop
India is the world’s third-largest energy consumer and it’s experiencing a rapid increase in energy demand. Although fossil fuels currently dominate the country’s energy mix, there is a growing emphasis on renewable energy. India has made a commitment to fulfill 50% of its energy needs through renewable sources, leading to a projected reduction of one billion metric tons in carbon emissions and a 45% decrease in the emissions intensity of its GDP by 2030.
To promote public awareness of these ambitious energy targets and highlight the progress already achieved in energy planning, particularly in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar, EJN and SJAI are organizing a workshop for communicators. This workshop aims to enhance the skills of communicators in researching and reporting renewable energy topics.
EJN Communicators’ Workshop on Renewable Energy in New Delhi -Benefits
Some of the benefits of the workshop include:
- Selected participants will have their travel expenses, accommodation, and meals covered by the organizers.
- The workshop will also feature a field trip to a site that has a renewable energy facility.
- Applications are welcome from communicators who reside in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar and work for print, online, radio, and television organizations.
- women who are in the early or mid stages of their careers are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be willing to participate in the entire duration of the workshop.
- Some prior experience in reporting on scientific and/or environmental subjects is desirable.
- Proficiency in English and/or Hindi, both written and spoken, is necessary.
- Demonstrating a keen interest in renewable energy issues is important.
- Participants should also grant permission to the organizers for the republication of any work produced as a result of their participation in the workshop.
How to Apply For The Workshop
- To initiate the application procedure, kindly click the button. ‘Apply now’ button.
- If you already have an account, please ensure that you are logged in before proceeding with your application. In case you are unable to log in due to recent website updates, you may need to reset your password.
- During the application process, if you wish to save your progress and complete it later, simply click on ‘Save Draft.’ To access your saved draft, you will need to return to the opportunity page and click ‘Apply now’ again to finalize the application.
- For staffers interested in attending the workshop, please provide a letter from your supervisor approving your participation.
- Applicants are required to submit two published samples of their work or provide links to their work that have appeared online. Preference will be given to samples related to renewable energy issues.
For further details visit the Official website.
October 17, 2023.