Here’s an amazing opportunity to develop your writing skills and become a professional – Applications are now open for the MONGABAY Internship Program 2024. This internship is designed for motivated and talented Students and Graduates who wish to kick-start a career in environmental journalism.
This internship program prioritizes skill development. As an intern, you’ll have the chance to enhance your writing abilities and see your stories published on the renowned Mongabay website. While this is a partially paid opportunity, the experience and exposure you gain are priceless.
In addition, you’ll be compensated for four of your articles, two of which are part of the initial learning period. Rates for compensation will be discussed with internship editors.
MONGABAY Internship Program
The MONGABAY Internship Program commences on January 1 and lasts through June 30, 2024, this internship program offers a unique blend of professional growth and your opportunity to contribute to a global readership.
Interns will have the flexibility to work from the comfort of their homes or any location that boosts their productivity. On average, you’ll be expected to dedicate about 10 hours per week over the course of six months. However, some weeks may require up to 15 hours, while others might be less demanding.
Therefore, adaptability is key in participating in the MONGABAY Internship program.
MONGABAY is a nonprofit environmental science and conservation news platform covering multiple languages, including English, Indonesian, Spanish, French, Hindi, and Brazilian Portuguese. The platform combines a vast network of correspondents in over 70 countries.
MONGABAY has demonstrated commitment and dedication to evidence-driven objective journalism, focusing on forests, wildlife, oceans, and the conservation sector. Their reach extends beyond 5 million monthly website visitors, as their articles are syndicated globally.
MONGABAY Internship Key Highlights
- Host Organisation: MONGABAY
- Program Type: Internship
- Program Location: Remote
- Duration: 6 months
- Available position: Multiple
- Basic Qualifications: Students & Graduates
- Nationality: Candidates from any Nationality
- Eligible Gender: Male and Female
- Application Deadline: November 28, 2023.
Eligibility Criteria for MONGABAY Internship
To be considered for the MONGABAY Internship Program, applicants should meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must have good communication skills
- Self-motivation is required
- Demonstrate passion for environmental subjects
- Have positive attitude
- Be Coachable and open to learning
- Strong personal and professional values are mandatory
- Candidates must have Problem-solving skills
MONGABAY Internship Benefits
As an Intern, you will enjoy the following the benefits:
- You’ll have the opportunity to see your work featured in a high-profile news outlet.
- You get to gain insights into journalistic programs and processes at Mongabay.
- Become part of a community of passionate and talented writers.
- Receive training sessions, guidance, and feedback from experienced editors.
- Opportunity to Improve your writing and interviewing skills.
- Enhance your resume with valuable experience (Resume Building)
- Receive letters of reference and personal recommendations from Mongabay.
Kindly follow the steps outlined below to apply for the Mongabay Internship program
Visit the online application link at https://eu.jotform.com/90906347792164 and complete the application form in English.
Get the following documents ready:
- Your Resume
- A Cover letter explaining your interest and the value you can bring to Mongabay
- Motivation questions (see application form for details)
- A 600 words maximum of a journal entry or blog article.
- Optionally, submit an additional writing sample of your own (600 words max.)
Official website: https://mongabay.org/programs/news/interns/mongabay-internship/
November 28, 2023.
Can international students apply for this internship?
Yes, the MONGABAY Internship Program is open to candidates of any nationality.
What can I expect in terms of compensation?
You’ll be compensated for four of your articles, with the initial two being part of the learning period. Compensation rates will be discussed with internship editors.
How many hours a week should I dedicate to this internship?
On average, interns are expected to work around 10 hours per week. However, some weeks might require up to 15 hours, so flexibility is important.
Can I submit a writing sample other than the suggested topics?
Yes, you can submit a writing sample of your own (max 600 words) if it aligns with the program’s requirements.
CHECK THESE OUT: