How to block someone on Facebook – There are so many reasons why you would want to block someone from seeing your post and also make them unable to talk with you. It could be because of an assault or you don’t talk to the other person any more or a situation whereby unfriending the person alone will not solve the problem.
Facebook makes this easy for you to prevent the person from viewing your account by offering a service called blocking. Which also unfriends those people that you don’t want on your list of friends. Users should note that blocking is not like unfriending when you block someone from your Facebook friends list, the person you blocked will not be able to view your posts and also will not be able to tag you.
Steps on How to Block Someone on Facebook
If you want to block someone from your Facebook account with your computer, you have to follow the steps listed below
- Click on the question mark beside the down arrow at the top right corner of your page
- You have to click on the privacy shortcut icon
- Click on the “how do I stop someone from bothering me” icon
- Enter the name of the person you want to block
- Click on the icon block
- Just click on the exact person you want to block
- Click on the block icon again
But if you are mobile device users all you have to do is to follow the instructions given below and block the person you wish to
How to Block Someone on Facebook Using a Mobile Device
- Click on your name that appears in the top corner of your Facebook page
- Click on the friend’s box where some of your friend’s pictures are displayed
- Search for the name of the person you want to block
- When the list comes out click on the specified person’s name
- Click on the menu bar at the top right corner of the page
- Just click on the block icon
- Click block again.
And instantly that person will be blocked from your list. Users should take note that when they block people, the people they blocked will get no notifications. And will have no knowledge that they have been blocked.