Facebook is a social platform that is supposed to be fun and interactive for all to use, but most times, you come across people that take things too seriously. And when situations like come to us, they require more than just unfriending but blocking. Because most times, the people you unfriend on your account, will still be able to message and still annoy you. But when they are blocked on the account, they won’t be able to connect or communicate with you in any form. They won’t see the posts on your times and also won’t be able to tag you on their posts. Blocking someone on Facebook is simple and really fast. If you don’t how to block someone on Facebook, then worry no more because I’ve got you.
How to Block Someone on Facebook
Blocking someone on the popular social platform, Facebook is an effective way to protect yourself from individuals that are toxic to you. Or it could be for those that are harassing you or the people you don’t wish to communicate with. The process is fast and can be done using your computer or smartphone.
Once a user is blocked on your account, they won’t be able to see the things you post on your timeline, tag you in posts, drop comments, or even like your posts. In order words, they are totally cut out from your account, you have nothing to do with anymore. Blocking someone on Facebook goes in two ways, you could block someone on the main Facebook platform and they won’t be able to communicate with you on Messenger. Or you could block them just on Messenger, blocking someone on Messenger doesn’t stop them from commenting or liking your posts or even tag you. But they won’t be able to chat with on Facebook Messenger.
What Happens When You Block Someone On Facebook?
As I said earlier, they won’t be able to communicate with you in any form. They won’t have the access to like or comment on your posts, tag you, invite to like their page, or events. When you block someone that you’re friends with, Facebook automatically unfriends them as well.
Blocking someone on Facebook is simple and fast. Aside from the fact of blocking someone on Facebook, you can also block form your pages and also from commenting. You block on using your computer or mobile app. Well, over the month’s Facebook has been u[pdating its website looks. And now, you can switch between the new Facebook and Facebook classic. So below, I will be showing you how to block some on your computer using Facebook classic or the new Facebook look. Follow below;
To block someone on New Facebook;
- Click on the drop-down arrow in the top right.
- Select “Settings & Privacy > Settings”.
- Then click on “Blocking” on the left side.
- From the block users section, type in the name of the person you want to block and click on “Block”.
- Select the user you wish to block from the list of users that will appear and click on “Block > Block (Name)”.
If you try to block the person through this method and didn’t see the person, go directly to the person’s profile. Then select “Blocking” from the three dots menu at the bottom of the cover photo.
- Click o the drop-down icon at the top and choose “Settings”.
- Then click on “Blocking” in the left menu.
- In the section with “Block Users”, enter the user’s name and click on “Block”.
- Select the user you want to block from the list that will appear and click on “Block > Block (user’s name).
The person will be blocked.
Block Someone on Facebook App;
- Tap on the menu at the bottom or top right side of the NewsFeed.
- Tap on “Settings & Privacy > Settings”.
- Scroll down to “Privacy, and tap on “Blocking”.
- Then tap on the “Add to blocked list” and enter the person’s name.
- On the search results, find the users and on “Block”.
- Tap on “Block” again to confirm the process.
Note: when you unblock the user, you won’t automatically be friends again. That means you have to send a request again or they can send the request again.
Facebook Comment Settings
By default, anyone on Facebook can comment on your public post, including those you are not friends with. Well, this can be changed. Follow below to adjust those that can drop comments on your posts;
- Click on the drop-down arrow.
- Select Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- Click on “Public Posts” on the left.
- Then go to “Who can Follow Me and make it to the public.
- Click on “Edit” next to the Public Post Comments.
- Select who you want to allow to comment or like your public posts. Choose from Public, Friends, or Friends or Friends.
- Tap on the menu icon at the top or bottom of your page.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on “Settings & Privacy”, then “Settings”.
- Below the “Privacy” option, tap on “Public Posts”.
- Then below Public Post Comments”, tap on Public, Friends of Friends or Friends.
The option you select will determine the people that will be able to comment on your post or even like them.
Recommended: How to Block Facebook on Google Chrome Temporarily