How can I view my restricted list on Facebook? So you’ve been adding to people to your restricted list and now you’re wondering how to view the list and see users there, right? Facebook has made it easy to add certain people you don’t wish to share with your restricted and they won’t be able to see your posts.
Viewing the list is quite simple and can be done using any device type. Before clicking on this post, I believe you wish to learn more about the restricted list, how to add and how to view/edit the list. Well, then all you have to do is read on.
View Restricted List on Facebook
The restricted list is for the people you’ve added as friends but may not want to share with, a good example is your boss. Facebook’s restricted list allows you to hide your posts from some friends without necessarily blocking them.
Users that are added to your restricted will still be friends with you on the platform, but won’t be able to see your posts unless its made public and the ones they are tagged in.
Of course, you would want to see the friends you want to hide your posts from and viewing your restricted list is the only way you can see their names.
Facebook Restricted List
The Facebook restricted list is one of the newest features on the platform that allows you to hide posts from specific friends by adding them to the list. There’s no exception to who you can add to your list, so you add or remove what you wish to.
The feature allows you to still see their posts, but they won’t be able to see yours unless they are tagged or the post is made public.
To add a friend to your restricted list, you need to be logged in using your desktop/computer or your smartphone.
As I said earlier, I will be showing you how to View the Restricted List on Facebook, but first, you need to be logged in. Now, without wasting time, let’s dive into how you can log in to your account.
How to Share Posts on Facebook Using a Restricted List
Once you’ve included at least one friend in your Restricted list, proceed to create a new Facebook post as you normally would. Before you publish the post, ensure that the icon depicting Friends (people) is displayed. If you see the Public (globe) icon instead, click on it and opt for Friends.
When you publish the post, it will be visible to all your Facebook friends, except those you’ve designated in the Restricted list. Anyone on your Restricted list will automatically be unable to view posts you share with your Friends from that point onward.
How to Remove Friends from a Facebook Restricted List
To remove friends from your Restricted list, follow the same procedure you used to add them:
- Visit their profile page in a web browser or the official Facebook app.
- Click the Friends button.
- In the pop-up menu, select Edit Friend Lists.
- Choose “Restricted” to unmark the checkbox next to it, and then close the pop-up window.
How to Login to Facebook
To access the restricted list feature on the platform, you need to be logged in to the account using the app or website. The process is very simple and fast. The process might be easy but as humans, you forget sometimes, but don’t worry, I’ve got you. Now, all you have to do is follow the process below to log into the account;
- On your smartphone, open the Facebook app or use your desktop or computer and go to facebook.com.
- Select the Login option.
- Type in the profile login details; email or phone number and password.
- Then select “Login”.
The process will be done and your account will be logged and displayed on the device you’re using.
How To View Restricted List
Viewing your restricted list is the same as editing the list, so you need not worry. In case you come across editing the Facebook restricted list. Just As I said, I will be showing you how to View the Restricted List on Facebook on your computer and smartphone. Now, follow the simple procedures below to do view the list;
- From your profile Newsfeed, head to the “Explore” section on the left side and click on “Friend Lists”. If this option is not shown, click on “See More”.
- Then click on “Restricted”.
- From that section click on “Manage List” with a dropdown icon at the top.
- Select the “Edit List” option.
- From there, you can remove “someone by clicking on “X” in the top right side of their picture and then select “Finish” to commence.
You can follow the steps above to remove all the friends you wish to remove from the list.
Restricted Friends List – How to Add Someone to the list
The process of adding a friend to Facebook restricted is simple and can be done using the Facebook app or browser. You can add friends to your restricted list by following the instructions below;
On Facebook App;
- Open your account, and go to the person’s profile.
- Then tap on the Friends icon
- Select “Edit Friend Lists” and tap on “Restricted.
- Visit your Homepage using a browser and then head to the person’s profile (the users you’d like to restrict).
- Hover over to the “Friends” icon at the top.
- Select “Add to another list” and then select “Restricted”.
The user will be added to your Facebook restricted list immediately.
Can Facebook Friends Detect If They’re on a Restricted List?
Facebook users do not receive notifications when they are added to or removed from lists on the social platform. Therefore, there is no direct way for your friends to discover if they’ve been placed on your Restricted list.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- How to Add Someone to Restricted List – How to View or Edit Your Restricted List | Add Someone to Your Facebook Restricted List
- What Happens When Facebook Restricts Your Account
- How to Add or Remove Someone from your Restricted List on Facebook
- Android Phone Privacy – How to Add More Privacy to your Android Phone
- Facebook News Ban in Australia – The Reason Why Facebook Banned News in Australia