Applications are currently ongoing for the Hanga Sexual & Reproductive Health (SRH) Program 2024. The Hanga Sexual & Reproductive Health (SRH) Program was initiated by the Government of Rwanda in 2022 through HangaPitchFest. It aims to investigate the potential for technology-driven startups to address crucial challenges in SRH and enhance positive outcomes.
This year, the SRH program is enthusiastic about collaborating with essential partners to identify, choose, and offer technical and business assistance to 20 startups located in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Hanga Sexual & Reproductive Health (SRH) Program 2024
The Hanga Sexual & Reproductive Health (SRH) Program for this year concentrates on the following areas:
- Enhancing maternal health by extending the scope beyond safe abortion access for specific populations.
- Addressing the issue of unsafe abortion by eliminating obstacles to obtaining safe abortion services.
- Providing young people (aged 10-24) with youth-friendly information and services related to SRH.
- Combating gender-based violence, including sexual violence.
- Fulfilling the demand for contraception by offering education and access to various contraceptive methods.
below are the benefits to enjoy once you have applied:
- Funding: You will have access to grant funding starting at USD 10,000, with the opportunity to receive up to USD 30,000 for start-ups that show exceptional performance in the program.
- Learning: You will engage in a three-month learning curriculum together with other participants, focusing on entrepreneurship, evidence, and SRH topics.
- Customized Support: Eligible start-ups will receive personalized assistance from experts in venture-building and SRH throughout nine months.
- Your organization must be operating in any country within Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Your venture should be developing a product that contributes to a sexual and reproductive health (SRH) theme, in an innovative and pioneering manner.
- Your start-up must present a tech-enabled SRH solution or have the potential to scale through technology. While technology doesn’t need to be the core innovation, it should be enabled by hardware or software of some kind.
- Required working prototype (video demo, pitch deck, website, etc.)
- The startup must be registered in your country
- It is acceptable if your start-up has received grant funding from other incubator programs or hackathons. However, it should not have raised any venture capital, except for investments from angel investors, family, and friends.
- You must be the Founder/Co-founder and/or have primary decision-making power in the start-up.
- You should be digitally literate and have consistent access to a laptop and internet.
- You must be a minimum of 18 years old when applying.
Evaluations of applications will be based on the following criteria:
- Impact: Does the start-up have the potential to bring about significant change in sexual and reproductive health (SRH) outcomes?
- Open-minded and collaborative
- Motivated by the problem
- Committed to learning and idea development
- Breaking the mold: Does the idea approach SRH issues in an innovative and pioneering manner?
- Sustainability: Does the idea have the potential to be sustainable on a larger scale?
How To Apply For Hanga Sexual & Reproductive Health (SRH) Program 2024
- Carefully fill out the online application form.
- Youth and female-led start-ups innovating in SRH are encouraged to apply.
For further details visit the official website.
November 15, 2023.
CHECK THESE OUT: