Utrecht University in the Netherlands has recently announced the application call for the Utrecht Sylff Scholarships 2024! Are you looking at pursuing a master’s program in Humanities or Social Sciences, with a focus on Economics, at a prestigious university in the Netherlands? If yes, this is an opportunity to unlock your study aspirations.
Utrecht Sylff Scholarships Details
The Utrecht Sylff Scholarships offer a golden opportunity for highly qualified individuals, including exceptional graduates from University College Utrecht and outstanding graduates from Utrecht University’s Economics and Business Economics program.
Utrecht Sylff Scholarships program offers financial aid to students who otherwise might not be able to afford the cost of furthering their education. However, the scholarship goes beyond financial aid, as they are a gateway to academic excellence and future leadership.
Utrecht Sylff Scholarships Amount and Benefits
Most applicants are usually interested in knowing how much financial support they would receive through the Utrecht Sylff Scholarships. It’s important to note that the scholarship amounts vary, but they offer a minimum of $25,000 per year for non-EU students.
For EU students, the minimum scholarship amount is $10,000 per year. It’s also important to note that this scholarship is in US dollars, as it’s an international program.
Number of Utrecht Sylff Scholarships Offered
Approximately three (3) Utrecht Sylff Scholarships are awarded each year, making this opportunity highly competitive. Therefore, If you are aiming for one of these scholarships, you need to stand out from the crowd and demonstrate your potential for leadership.
Duration of the Utrecht Sylff Scholarships
Successfully selected students who receive the Utrecht Sylff Scholarship will be supported for a maximum period of 12 months.
Meanwhile, If you plan to pursue a two-year master’s program, you’re also covered, as it’s possible to extend the grant to cover the entire duration of your studies. Isn’t that amazing?
Eligibility Criteria for Utrecht Sylff Scholarships 2024
To be considered for the Utrecht Sylff Scholarship for the 2024-25 academic year, you must meet the eligibility criteria. Below. These criteria are essential, so ensure that you fulfill each one before applying for the scholarship.
- Being a student or recent graduate of one of the eligible programs mentioned earlier.
- Holding a non-Dutch passport and not being eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
- Having been admitted to one of the international Master’s programs of Utrecht University in the field of Humanities or Social Sciences, which also includes Economics.
- Being able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch residence permit if applicable.
Now, unlike many scholarships where you are required to initiate the application process yourself, the Utrecht Sylff Scholarship operates differently;
- Candidates are not able to apply directly for this scholarship.
- Instead, they will be nominated by their Faculty.
- The deadline for nominations is 1st April, so if you meet the above eligibility criteria, go ahead and discuss your candidacy with your Faculty.
- Visit the official scholarship page via the link below for more information https://www.uu.nl/en/masters/general-information/application-and-admission/grants-and-scholarships/utrecht-sylff-scholarships
The selection process for the Utrecht Sylff Scholarship is highly competitive. Eligible candidates will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Your ambition to play a leading role in making a positive difference in society, whether at a local or global level, is a crucial factor.
- Your academic achievements, including grades, test scores, and any publications, will be carefully considered.
- Active participation in your study program and extracurricular activities demonstrates your commitment and potential for making a difference.
- Your ability to work effectively across cultures and disciplines is highly valued.
- Students who meet the eligibility criteria will be nominated by their Faculty before April 1st.
- A selection committee will then rank the nominations and submit them to the SYLFF organization at the end of April.
- In June, SYLFF will award the selected students a grant for a specific Master’s program and starting date.
More Related Content
- Utrecht University Excellence Scholarship 2023 In Netherlands for International Students
- Utrecht Excellence Scholarships 2024 in Netherlands (Fully Funded) | APPLY NOW
- Netherlands Jobs with Visa Sponsorship – Apply Now
- Apply for Netherlands Visa Sponsorship Jobs 2023
- How can I move to the Netherlands from Nigeria