Apply Now for Melton Foundation SDG Innovation Challenge 2022 – African Entrepreneurs. Applications for the Melton Foundation SDG Innovation Challenge 2022 are now open for students, professionals, community activists, social entrepreneurs, change makers, and all other interested persons in Africa.
The SDG Innovation challenge is a virtual ideation marathon for motivated African entrepreneurs to come together in developing and connecting ideas and solutions to the challenges confronting their local communities.
The Challenge was Inaugurated in 2020 and was envisioned as a unique platform to allow role model minds and ideas to network across the continent of Africa.
The SDG Innovation Challenge 2022 was Designed as a marathon spanning 48 hours, participants form interdisciplinary innovation teams of 4-7 people to emerge with fresh solution ideas that tackle key challenges around the globe with a foundational approach.
Winners are awarded incentives, support, and an opportunity to showcase their ideas at the African Youth SDGs Summit. Participants are called to employ their design and complex thinking skills that solve problems measurably and qualitatively.
CHECK THIS OUT: SMEDAN 2022-2023 Talent Hunt Program for Nigerian Youths – Apply Now!
Summary of Melton Foundation SDG Innovation Challenge 2022
- Type of program: Entrepreneurs
- Organization: Melton Foundation
- Course to study: Not Specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: November 1, 2022
About Melton Foundation
Melton Foundation is a non-profit international organization in the U.S. and an advocate of global citizenship practice. The Foundation fosters global citizenship to enable individuals and organizations to work together across boundaries of place and identity to address global challenges.
Melton Foundation was founded nearly thirty years ago with the credence that collaborations across boundaries can forge sustainable solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges.
CHECK THIS OUT: University of Ghana MIASA Individual Fellowships 2023/2024 – APPLY NOW!
How to Apply Melton Foundation SDG Innovation Challenge 2022
Ensure that you read through the following considerations before registering:
- Groups of 4 to 7 people alone can register: You are required to bring a group of 4-7 people with you included. The foundation encourages interdisciplinary group composition because it believes that When people from diverse realities or backgrounds meet and connect around a shared cause, that’s when true innovation happens
- An idea entering the challenge must be at an early stage at the most:
- It is an ideation marathon thus, do not register if you have your mind set on something specific and are not open-minded to bringing different perspectives and possibly changing how the idea is shaping up eventually. The SDG Innovation challenge seeks to spark fresh thinking, unearth novel ideas through cross-boundary collaboration, and converge around solutions ideas.
- Registration for the challenge follows a two-step process:
- First, Register your group – Any one person in that group can do that. Ensure you have the names and email addresses of the young innovators you’ll be working with at hand since you will be asked to provide that information in the online registration form: https://meltonfoundation.typeform.com/to/spT7O18x
- Once you’ve completed the group registration, the registrant will receive an email with instructions for the second step, each group member must provide additional personal information for a successful event.
- Considerations for Participation will be given to only groups who have completed both steps
- Visit the Melton Foundation website below for more details: https://meltonfoundation.org/global-events/sdg-innovation-challenge/sdg-innovation-challenge-2022/
CHECK THIS OUT: Huawei Acceleration of Digital Global App Innovation Contest in Africa 2022 – APPLY NOW!
Benefits of Melton Foundation SDG Innovation Challenge 2022
The Melton Foundation SDG Innovation Challenge converges young African talent with three primary goals which are outlined below:
- The challenge seeks to stir up fresh thinking by connecting innovators from diverse backgrounds and sectors.
- The development of fresh, practical approaches to furthering SDG impact through cross-boundary collaboration and
- The ignition of transformative action towards sustainable development and improved livelihoods of communities across Africa.
CHECK THIS OUT: USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program – Apply Now!
Criteria for Melton Foundation SDG Innovation Challenge 2022 Qualification
To be eligible for the SDG Innovation Challenge, applicants must meet the following criteria;
- Must have Passion, drive, and commitment to improving livelihoods in his/her community and beyond
- The applicant must have a genuine interest in sustainable development and a desire to contribute to advancing the SDGs in his/her community and beyond
- Must be motivated to work in an agile hackathon-like environment, engage proactively, and ideate extensively throughout the event.
- Applicants must have the desire to connect and collaborate with people from different domains and geographies.
- He/She must possess the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
- Should commit to taking the idea to completion and remain engaged with the cause post the SDG Innovation Challenge
November 1, 2022
- Microsoft Teams Is Including One of the Worst Things About Phone Calls to Its…
- FB1 Dolby Atmos Soundbar by Philips Fidelio is Now Ready for The Spotlight
- Developers of Left 4 Dead Says Successor Wasn’t a Flop
- McDelivery McDonald’s WIFI & App – mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/mcdelivery
- European Commission Blue Book Traineeship Program – Apply Now!