University of Ghana MIASA Individual Fellowships 2023/2024 for African Researchers – The University of Ghana has announced the call for Applications for the MIASA Individual Fellowships program, up to ten residential Individual Fellowships for the Academic Year 2023/24 at the University.
The Maria Sibylla Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa (MIASA) is committed to research in the Humanities and Social Sciences, with ‘Sustainable Governance’ as its central topic.
The primary focus is conflict and sustainable peace, democracy and environmental transformation. The institute is also interested in a wide range of intersectional sub-topics, such as landownership and acquisition, migration and mobility, restitution of cultural objects, African cities, human rights and other related themes.
MIASA seeks to reduce global asymmetries in knowledge production, promote female scholarship and bridge cultural divides. MIASA also offers time and space for supporting innovative academic projects of top international quality.
The Maria Sibylla Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa (MIASA) serves as a platform for exchange, networking and collaboration amongst leading researchers from Germany, Ghana, Africa, Europe and elsewhere in the world.
Summary of the MIASA Individual Fellowships Program 2023
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organizations: Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa (MIASA)
- Country to study: Ghana
- School to study: University of Ghana
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
- Duration of Award: The fellowship will run for 3 to 12 months duration within the period between the 1st of June and the 31st of August.
Brief Information About Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa (MIASA)
Well, MIASA as it is generally called, the Maria Sibylla Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa is dedicated to research in the Humanities and Social Sciences, with ‘Sustainable Governance’ as its central topic.
Specific topic areas under this umbrella include sustainable democracy, conflict management and environmental transformation as well as migration, restitution, and human rights research.
We mentioned earlier that MIASA aims at working towards a reduction of global asymmetries in knowledge production and bridging the cultural divide between Anglophone and francophone Africa.
Benefits of MIASA Individual Fellowships Program
- Successfully selected applicants become MIASA fellows with all the corresponding rights and obligations for the requested funding period.
- MIASA Individuals Fellowship recipients may be eligible for a post-adjustment to compensate for the difference in the cost of living based on a case-by-case justification.
- A monthly grant for Fellows without employment
- Fellows from outside Accra would recently accommodation or the equivalent accommodation allowance of up to 1500€/month) with reimburses travel costs.
- MIASA provides its fellows with office space on the University of Ghana campus. Also, Fellows have full access to all library services at the University of Ghana and, electronically, at the University of Freiburg, Germany.
- Fellows from French-speaking and English-speaking Africa MIASA can offer funding for courses in advanced academic English during the fellowship at the University of Ghana.
How to Apply for the MIASA Individual Fellowship program 2023
- As an applicate, you should note that the MIASA Fellowships Applications are only accepted in English and French. Hence, while making documentation both languages should be considered.
- Note that the completed application form together with the information indicated below have to be uploaded on the application webpage: https://www.frias.uni-freiburg.de/miasa-individual-fellowship
- When the documents are submitted, applicants receive an acknowledgement of receipt providing contact details and including a copy of their submission.
- Well, it is important you carry out all applications on time so you can meet up before the application deadline.
Visit the MIASA website below for more information: https://www.ug.edu.gh/mias-africa/open-calls
Eligibility Criteria for MIASA Individual Fellowships 2023
- MIASA Fellowship is open to scholars who have been awarded their doctoral degrees at least three months before the start of the fellowship.
- The residential fellowships will allow researchers to conduct a project of their own choice, connected to MIASA’s research areas. The Projects can, however, be at the conceptional stage, mid-term phase or final stage.
- The institute is committed to inclusion such as gender equality, and family friendliness. Thus, the MIASA fellowship program aims for gender parity and promotes affirmative action policies.
September 30, 2022
- House Cleaning Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship – Apply Now!
- How to Change Icon Size in Windows 11
- How to Remove Chat from Windows 11
- What is a Cryptocurrency Wallet – Is Cryptocurrency Wallet an App?
- Giftnet Online Claim Gift Online – How to Claim a Gift on Giftnet Online
- How to Apply for Citi Diamond Preferred Card at www.citi.com