Huawei Acceleration of Digital Global App Innovation Contest in Africa 2022 – Huawei has announced the call for its Global App Innovation Contest (Apps UP) as it continues to accelerate digital innovation in Africa. This global event held by Huawei pools the skills of developers globally to build an app ecosystem that connects everything intelligently.
The Global App Innovation Program aims to inspire developers to innovate, bring individuals together, devices, and scenarios, and create consistent app experiences while exploring a seamless AI experience.
The African continent has nearly 34 million unemployed people, software development provides a significant opportunity for empowerment. Meanwhile, research shows that the African continent has over 700,000 developers, 31% of whom are self-taught.
More significantly, almost one in five developers are women. The Huawei Global App Innovation Contest (Apps UP) is now in its third year, Apps UP provides an invaluable platform for the African continent’s best app developers to showcase their talents.
Currently, Apps UP has received close to 10,000 submissions from different parts of the world. For this year, the theme is ‘Together We Innovate’ and encourages developers to create apps that integrate Huawei Mobile Services which can enhance the experiences of thousands of Huawei end users globally.
READ MORE: The IUCN Leadership Forum in South Korea 2022 – Apply Now
Summary of the Huawei Global App Innovation Contest (Apps UP) in Africa
- Type: Entrepreneurs
- Organization: Huawei
- Course to study: Not Specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: December 28, 2022
About Huawei Global App Innovation Contest (Apps UP)
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. is a well-known company globally, it is a Chinese multinational technology company that provides telecommunications equipment and sells consumer electronics, and smartphones. The company’s headquarter is located in Shenzhen, Guangdong.
READ ALSO: International Conference on Nutrition & Health
Aims and Benefits of Huawei Global App Innovation Contest (Apps UP) 2022 in Africa
- There are over $ 1 million in prizes for Apps UP as has been the case in previous competitions. This price amount is to encourage developers to create mobile apps that bring a seamless, digital, and innovative experience to end users.
- There will also be an allocation of $200,000 to the following award winners in the Middle East and Africa:
- Best Application Award
- Best Game Award
- Most Social Impact Award
- Best HMS Core Innovation Award
- All-Scenario Coverage Award
- Excellent Student Award
- Starlight Creative Award, and
- Honourable Mention Award
How to Apply for the Huawei Global App Innovation Contest (Apps UP) 2022 in Africa
Interested and Eligible candidates for the Huawei Global App Innovation Contest should:
- Visit Huawei on developer.huawei.com to apply
- Click the link below For more details: https://developer.huawei.com/consumer/en/activity/digixActivity/digixdetail/201655277856046898
CHECK THIS OUT: Cincinnati Music Festival 2022
Requirements for the Huawei Global App Innovation Contest (Apps UP) 2022 in Africa
- Developers in Africa who are keen to put their creativity to work and be in the running for these awards and global recognition, need to register an account on the official Huawei Apps UP contest Website.
- All the Applicants can sign up either as an individual or as a team of no more than four members, including a team leader.
- The official deadline date for final submissions is 9 October 2022.
- The panel of judging will then review the submitted works and select 30 apps from each region for the public review and final stages.
- Subsequently, the shortlisted apps will be highlighted for global promotion, on both the contest’s official Website and AppGallery by 20 November 2022.
- Note that the public rating score for each work is based on the number of votes the app receives. Each of these regions will hold its own final judging in December 2022.
- The panel will rank the 30 shortlisted works according to a comprehensive scoring formula in which the judging panel, public rating and HMS integration scores are added.
December 28, 2022. Start making plans as you can’t afford to miss out on the Huawei Acceleration of Digital Global App Innovation Contest in Africa 2022.
- House Cleaning Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship – Apply Now!
- How to Change Icon Size in Windows 11
- How to Remove Chat from Windows 11
- What is a Cryptocurrency Wallet – Is Cryptocurrency Wallet an App?
- Giftnet Online Claim Gift Online – How to Claim a Gift on Giftnet Online
- How to Apply for Citi Diamond Preferred Card at www.citi.com