The IUCN Leadership Forum in South Korea is an annual event that welcomes leaders from around the world. The International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) will focus on three main points this year. Keep reading for more details!
Successfully selected leaders will be engaged in discussion about innovative solutions to critical global challenges, and make certain commitments, to build partnerships for impactful change in nature conservation and sustainability.
The IUCN Leaders Forum is a partnership effort of the IUCN with the Korean Ministry of Environment. The forum will be held in Jeju, Korea from October 13 to15 2022. The forum is focused on ‘Building nature-positive economies and societies’.
Please note that the 3-Day IUCN Leadership Forum in Korea is not an educational program, meaning that You don’t need IELTS & TOEFL requirements to apply. A 3.0/4.0 CGPA is enough to apply.
Additionally, applicants within the age bracket of 18-35 Years old, currently enrolled in any degree in Undergraduate, Graduate & PhD can apply.
Summary of the IUCN Leadership Forum
- Country: The Republic of Korea
- Organisation: International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- Host: The Korean Ministry of Environment
- Duration of Program: 3 days from 13 – 15 October 2022
- Application Deadline: 5th August 2022
The objective of the IUCN Leadership Forum
The IUCN Leadership Forum will focus on 3 primary objectives namely;
- To create alliances and new partnerships, identify innovative solutions, and advance the international policy agenda on this issue
- Provide a platform to discuss emerging issues
- The forum initiative is to provide a platform for young changemakers, to increase awareness of their actions and connect with potential collaborators from the public and private sectors to further develop their projects.
Benefits of the IUCN Leaders Forum
The IUCN Leadership Forum is a Fully Funded Opportunity in Korea. The following expenses will be covered;
- Accommodation from an October 12 to 16 in Jeju
- Coverage for return travel to Jeju Province
- leaders feeding and other expenses are covered for the duration of the program
Requirements for IUCN Leadership Forum
An applicant is expected to meet the following criteria to be eligible for the IUCN Leadership Forum 2022
- The applicant must meet the required age bracket of 18 – 35 years
- Nationality holders of any country can apply
- You can apply if you’re currently working on an innovative project
- Eligible to apply are Youth from minority groups, indigenous peoples, and local communities
- Preference will be given to Young female leaders and innovators from around the world.
How to Apply for IUCN Leadership Forum 2022?
- Visit the webpage below to access the online application: https://www.oneyoungworld.com/scholarships/IUCN/2022
- In applying for IUCN Leadership Forum, ensure that you provide original details about yourself.
- Answer all the questions asked correctly
- Fill out the application form online carefully.
- Visit the official website below for more details about the IUCN Forum: https://www.iucn.org/our-work/iucn-convening/iucn-leaders-forum
Best of luck!