Applications are now being accepted for the LoCoFoRest Training Programme 2024. The primary focus of the LoCoFoRest (Locally Controlled Forest Restoration) training program is how to expand the restoration of forest landscapes while ensuring the well-being of local communities and the preservation and enhancement of ecosystem services.
LoCoFoRest Training Programme 2024
As we move away from a fossil fuel-based world and towards a circular bioeconomy, forest landscapes are becoming more crucial. Properly managed natural forests are essential for climate change adaptation and mitigation, maintaining water quality and availability, and fulfilling the increasing global need for wood-based products.
LoCoFoRest aims to enhance the capabilities of national, regional, and local institutions and organizations. By participating in the programme, individuals can acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to strengthen their organizations’ capacity to support local communities and entrepreneurs in making forest and landscape restoration sustainable, as well as taking advantage of new value chains and the growing demands of a biobased economy.
Training programme components
The programme consists of five components, all of which take place in your home country or a neighboring region:
- A start-up meeting and a part-time online course.
- An intensive mid-term workshop.
- Mentored “Change Project” (CP) assignments.
- A final meeting where CPs are presented (conducted simultaneously with the start-up meeting for the next course round).
- An alumni platform and alumni seminars.
We are looking for participants from:
- Government entities at the national, regional, and local levels, along with civil society groups, businesses in the private sector, and academic institutions are all involved in various aspects of forest restoration, processing of forest products, management of forest ecosystem services, and natural resource conservation, including water and biodiversity.
- Participants are national, regional, and local government, civil society, private sector, and academic organizations involved in forest restoration, processing of forest products, management of forest ecosystem services, and natural resources management (e.g., water and biodiversity).
- Applicants must be individuals working in these organizations and institutions and need approval from their employer.
- English language program rounds will select participants from Ethiopia, Lao PDR, Nepal, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- French language program rounds will select participants from Burkina Faso, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Senegal, and Togo (refer to LoCoFoRest website in French).
How to Apply For LoCoFoRest Training Programme 2024
- Individual applicants are responsible for submitting the application themselves, but it is necessary for their employer to endorse it. Only applications that include the attached application form with a signed consent will be taken into consideration.
- Please note that no application or training fees should be paid under any circumstances.
- To begin your application, please click on the provided For more details visit the official website.
December 18, 2023.