Mountains cover approximately 27% of the Earth’s land surface and are home to 25 out of the world’s 34 biodiversity hotspots.
They also play a crucial role as water sources for half of humanity. However, mountains face increasing risks due to climate change and unsustainable development, which pose threats to both the environment and people.
International Mountain Day Photo Contest 2023
Acknowledging these challenges, the International Mountain Day Photo Contest 2023 aims to raise awareness and encourage collective efforts towards promoting nature-based solutions, implementing best practices, and making investments that enhance resilience, reduce vulnerability, and enable mountain ecosystems and communities to adapt to current and future challenges.
Your contribution in the form of photographs can help showcase the resilience of mountains. Submit a photo that reflects the significance of restoring mountain ecosystems and their vital role in sustaining our lives and livelihoods. The winner of the contest will receive a collection of FAO merchandise, which includes a backpack, water bottle, and notebook.
- A minimum pixel width of 1754 pixels at 150 ppi and a maximum file size of 5 MB are required for the image.
- You can use still cameras, such as medium and large-format cameras, as well as digital smartphones to create your image data files.
- Photos that have been edited or retouched using software or other methods are acceptable. They welcome both color and black-and-white images. However, scanned versions of photographs taken with film cameras are not eligible.
- The judging process requires the use of the sRGB color space as the standard.
- The Entrant who submits the winning photo will receive a prize. The prize for the overall winner includes a collection of FAO merchandise, such as a backpack, water bottle, and notebook. The prize awarded for the Contest cannot be changed, exchanged, or altered in any way.
- The photographs must have been captured from January 1, 2018, onwards.
- The images should not have any dates or text displayed on them.
- Each participant can submit up to three photographs, and all of them must be in jpeg format.
- Participants are required to complete an online form with their name, surname, date of birth, email address, title and description of the photograph, as well as the location and date when the photo was taken.
- participants need to agree to the terms and conditions outlined in the legal conditions.
How To Apply For International Mountain Day Photo Contest 2023
To participate in the competition, simply follow these three instructions:
- Share a photograph that reflects the significance of restoring mountain ecosystems, showcasing mountain landscapes, biodiversity including rare animals and plants, water sources, restoration efforts, reforestation, mountain agriculture, climate change impacts, and/or the involvement of mountain communities in these activities.
- Complete the online entry form providing an explanation of what your photograph symbolizes and the role that mountain ecosystems play in sustaining life and the planet.
- Post your photo on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Flickr, using the hashtag #MountainsMatter and tagging the Mountain Partnership (@UNMountains).
For further information please visit International Mountain Day Photo Contest Official website.
November 10, 2023.
CHECK THESE OUT: