Utrecht University, in partnership with the Utrecht University Fund, introduced the Bright Minds Fellowships program in 2017. The program’s primary objective is to attract and retain exceptionally talented students from diverse backgrounds, promoting global excellence and diversity within the university’s student body.
Bright Minds Fellowships: Details
The Bright Minds Fellowships are the result of generous donations from Utrecht University alumni and the Utrecht University Fund.
These scholarships are awarded to students who have not only demonstrated outstanding academic performance but also possess leadership potential and a strong commitment to fostering diversity and inclusion.
The scholarship amounts, which can be either €5,000 or €10,000, provide financial support to students in covering various educational and living expenses.
Bright Minds Fellowships Benefits
The Bright Minds Fellowships offer scholarship amounts of either €5,000 or €10,000, providing significant financial assistance to the recipients.
These funds can be used for a variety of purposes, including covering tuition fees, accommodation costs, and other related expenses.
To be considered for the Bright Minds Fellowships 2023-24, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must hold an EU/EEA passport, which includes Dutch students.
- Eligible candidates are those who have applied for a master’s program at Utrecht University. Only Utrecht University students are eligible for a Bright Minds Fellowship.
- Recipients of the fellowship should be commencing their master’s program at Utrecht University in September 2023.
- Applicants should be working towards their first master’s degree, making this opportunity ideal for those in the early stages of their academic journey.
- Successful candidates must have a proven track record of academic achievement in their previous studies, highlighting their dedication to scholarly pursuits.
- Applicants are encouraged to bring an element of diversity to the Utrecht University community, as the program places a strong emphasis on fostering a multicultural and inclusive environment.
Qualified Candidates should then follow the steps below to apply for the Bright Minds Fellowships 2023-24:
- Complete the Online Application Form before February 1st, 23:59 CET. The application portal will close at this specific time.
- After submitting an application for a master’s program, proceed to Osiris Online Application at https://osiris.uu.nl/osiris_aanmeld_uuprd/Welkom.do
- Click on the “New application” link, answer the Bright Mind Fellowship questions, and upload any requested documents.
- After completing the necessary steps, submit your application. It’s important to note that the selection process begins after the application deadline.
- Please note that the Bright Minds Fellowship application process typically opens on 1 November.
- For more details, visit the scholarship official page at https://www.uu.nl/en/masters/general-information/application-and-admission/scholarships-and-grants/bright-minds-fellowships
Who funds the Bright Minds Fellowships?
The Bright Minds Fellowships are funded by generous donations from Utrecht University alumni and the Utrecht University Fund.
Can international students apply for the Bright Minds Fellowships?
The fellowships are only available to EU/EEA passport holders, including Dutch students.
When does the application process for the Bright Minds Fellowships open?
The application process typically opens on 1 November.
ALSO CHECK THESE OUT:
- Utrecht University Excellence Scholarship 2023 In Netherlands for International Students
- Utrecht Excellence Scholarships 2024 in Netherlands (Fully Funded) | APPLY NOW
- Utrecht Sylff Scholarships 2024 (Partial Funding of £25,000 ) – Study in Netherlands
- Global Peace Photo Award 2023 for Global Photographers – Win Up to €10,000 Prize
- GEO Young Reporter Fellowship Program 2024 (Up to €5,000) – APPLY NOW