Imagine you booked your flight ticket and prepared for your trip, however, your plans change but when you reach the airline to inform them about your change of plan and hopefully get your money back, they tell you “Sorry, it’s non-refundable, we do hope that you understand and bear with us”.
That doesn’t sound good, right? That’s why you need to start booking refundable plane tickets. In a time when we can have a refundable ticket option, we won’t be wrong to say that booking a non-refundable ticket isn’t a great idea. what is the answer to How to Get a Refundable Plane Ticket?
You should get a refundable ticket, the price may be higher but, they are the best option out there and we will show you how to get a refundable plane ticket right away.
A refundable ticket allows you to cancel your flight and get your money back, minus any applicable fees. These tickets are more flexible but often come at a higher price compared to non-refundable options.
How to Get a Refundable Plane Ticket?
There are several ways you can get a refundable plane ticket and below are some of the best options:
Booking Directly With the Airline
The easiest way to secure a refundable plane ticket is by booking directly through the airline’s official website or at their ticket counter. Most airlines offer refundable options, although they might be labelled differently, such as “Flexible Fare” or “Fully Refundable.”
How do you book directly with the airline? Simple.
- Visit the airline’s website: Navigate to the official website of the airline you wish to fly with.
- Select the right option: During the booking process, look for fare options that explicitly state they are refundable and book your ticket. These tickets often have a higher price tag, but the flexibility they offer can be invaluable.
Understand Fare Rules And Policies
Every airline has its own set of rules and policies regarding refundable tickets. You need to read and understand these terms before making a purchase.
- Cancellation deadline: Know the deadline by which you can cancel your ticket and still receive a full refund. This deadline often varies from 24 hours before departure to a few weeks prior.
- Cancellation fees: You also need to know the fees associated with cancelling a refundable ticket. While you can get most of your money back, there might be some fees deducted from the refund amount.
The deductions happen because in most cases, when you cancel, the airline may not be able to get another passenger to take your vacant spot.
Consider Travel Insurance
Another way to get a refundable plane ticket is by purchasing travel insurance. To add an extra layer of security to your trip, consider purchasing travel insurance.
Travel insurance can cover unexpected events, such as illness or emergencies, allowing you to cancel your trip and get a refund without losing a substantial amount of money.
How do you get travel insurance that covers ticket refunds? It’s easy.
- Research and compare different travel insurance: There are various travel insurance providers in the market. You need to research and compare their policies to find one that suits your needs and budget.
- Understand their coverage: Read the policy documents carefully to understand what is covered and what is not. Some policies have specific conditions for trip cancellations.
While some will refund you if you cancel your flight, some won’t so pick the right one. it’s also important for you to know that most insurance plans that will cover a refund on cancelled flights will be more expensive.
Booking With Online Travel Agencies (OTAs)
If you prefer using online travel agencies to book your flights, be aware that some OTAs offer refundable options as well. To find them
- Filter your options: When searching for flights on OTA websites, use filters to display only refundable ticket options. This simplifies the process of finding the right ticket for your needs.
- Always review their policies: Even though you are booking through an OTA, the refund policies are often dictated by the airlines. Make sure you review the airline’s refund terms before making a purchase.
Booking With Credit Card Benefits
Some credit cards offer benefits such as trip cancellation insurance. Check with your credit card provider to see if your card includes this feature.
- Contact customer service: Reach out to your credit card’s customer service to understand the terms of your trip cancellation insurance if your card has one. They can guide you on how to claim a refund in case you need to cancel your flight.
Considering that anything can happen at any time, refundable plane tickets are the best category of plane tickets out there. They offer you the security that if anything comes up, you are in safe hands.
Guess what? You don’t need to walk seven mountains to get a refundable plane ticket, you can find them if you book your flights directly with the airline, or use travel agencies or third parties who are associated with the airlines.
CHECK THESE OUT: