Applications are currently ongoing for the HealthTech Hub Africa (HTHA) Accelerator Program 2024 edition. HTHA Accelerator program aims to support and grow health tech startups and scale-ups in Africa that are dedicated to tackling important healthcare issues. This is achieved through partnerships with governments and the public sector.
HealthTech Hub Africa (HTHA) Accelerator Program
The program offers an environment where participants can benefit from a supportive network of peers and partners. It also provides exclusive access to government stakeholders and ample resources to encourage innovation, scalability, and the advancement of health technologies across Africa.
HTHA Accelerator program works closely with government partners to create platforms for ventures to showcase their solutions and make a significant impact in the health sector.
- Cardiovascular health aims to decrease deaths from cardiovascular disease by enhancing screening, referral, diagnosis, and management procedures at a population level.
- Breast cancer focuses on reducing breast cancer-related deaths through improved screening, referral, diagnosis, and management strategies on a population level.
- Virtual health and care aims to enhance the quality and accessibility of equitable healthcare services and digital literacy by delivering preventative and curative care remotely.
- Optimization of data-driven decision-making aims to improve the capabilities of health systems and enhance epidemic preparedness by strengthening integrated health information systems.
- Participation in the 10-Month Accelerator Program, which offers:
For the Growth Startups:
- The program provides mentorship from experienced individuals in the field of population health and technology.
- Participants receive coaching and access to an interactive platform to support their business growth, helping them refine their existing models and develop new ones. They also receive guidance on creating executive summaries.
- Expert masterclasses are offered to enhance participants’ knowledge and skills.
- Pitch practice sessions are organized to help participants refine their pitching skills.
- Community support is available throughout the program.
- Participants have the opportunity to showcase their startup solutions and pitch during the two annual HealthTech summits in Kigali, Rwanda.
- They are invited to networking meetups and hybrid events held in different locations across Africa and beyond.
For the Scale up
- Growth startups have full access to all the benefits mentioned above.
- They also receive complimentary access to high-quality legal services, accounting support, marketing assistance, talent acquisition, and accelerated fundraising opportunities.
- Media training is provided to help startups effectively communicate their message, and they also receive exposure through various media channels.
- By joining the HealthTech Public-Private Partners Network, you gain access to a range of membership benefits and privileges such as:
- Established local and global organizations offer free expert-level support, including advisory services, facilitation, matchmaking with potential partners, consulting, and more.
- Additional benefits include perks such as free or heavily discounted infrastructure credits, software licenses, technical services, and design services.
- Startups gain access to the hub’s investor circle, opening up opportunities for funding.
- They also have access to various opportunities shared within the network.
- There are funding opportunities available specifically for accelerating innovation in public health.
- The hub’s digital platform allows selected startups to apply for grants and in-kind benefits worth over USD 1M.
- The funding will support startups in testing, refining, validating, integrating, accelerating, and scaling their solutions within public health systems to promote health equity in the continent.
- Once projects are completed and solutions are successfully integrated into national health systems, they will be highlighted and given the opportunity to pursue further support in the future.
- Startups receive full-year access to a state-of-the-art co-working space, which includes serviced office space, meeting and conference spaces, and invitations to startup community events at Norrsken East Africa House in Kigali.
- Additionally, startups and scale-ups who complete the program receive lifetime access to the hub’s alumni network and open-source resources.
- They will also receive a Participation Certificate and a lifetime Alumni membership to HealthTech Hub Africa’s resources and future opportunities.
The HTHA Challenge welcomes all HealthTech startups, provided they meet the following mandatory criteria:
For growth startups:
- The co-founding team should consist of at least two members, with one member being African.
- The startup’s product or service should align with at least one of HealthTech Hub Africa’s four thematic areas: cardiovascular health, breast cancer, virtual health and care, and optimization of data-driven decision-making.
- Startups can be either in the pre-revenue or post-revenue stage.
- Pre-SEED to SEED stage startups are eligible for funding.
- Startups should have been operational for a minimum of one year.
- The startup should be registered in an African country.
- The co-founders’ team must consist of at least two members, including one African founder.
- Product or service should align with HealthTech Hub Africa’s four thematic areas, which include cardiovascular health, breast cancer, virtual health and care, and data for decision-making.
- A startup’s product or service must be evidence-based and demonstrate positive health outcomes.
- A strict approach to monitoring the solution’s effect on individuals is necessary.
- Startups must have generated revenue.
- Pre-Series A or Series A funding stage is required.
How to Apply For HealthTech Hub Africa (HTHA) Accelerator Program 2024
Interested and qualified? Click here to begin your application
For further details on the HealthTech Hub Africa (HTHA) Accelerator Program, visit the HTHA official website.
December 11, 2023.
More Related Content
- Facebook Accelerators Program – Facebook Accelerator 2020 for Innovative Commerce | Facebook Accelerator Program Fully Funded
- TikTok Accelerator Program 2022 – Apply Now!
- Google for Africa 2021 Virtual Event – The Google for Startups Accelerator Programme
- Facebook Business Resource Hub – Facebook For Business | Facebook Business Account
- Google for Startups Accelerator – Black Founders 2023 – APPLY NOW