The 2023 edition of the European Climate Pact Ambassadors Program is inviting suitably qualified individuals an opportunity to become Pact Ambassadors.
The European Climate Pact Ambassadors Program 2023 is an initiative focused on engaging and empowering individuals who are passionate about climate action and sustainability in Europe. This program aims to recruit a diverse group of ambassadors who will play an active role in spreading awareness, driving engagement, and implementing climate initiatives within their communities
Ambassadors selected for the program will receive specialized training and support to enhance their knowledge and skills in areas such as climate change, sustainable development, and communication strategies. They will also have access to a network of like-minded individuals and experts who can provide guidance and mentorship throughout their ambassadorship journey.
Roles of Pact Ambassadors
The appointment of Pact Ambassadors is initially for one year, with the possibility to reapply for subsequent years. Pact Ambassadors have the following responsibilities:
- Serve as role models: Demonstrate their commitment to combating climate change by actively engaging in environmental and climate actions.
- Inspire others: Motivate individuals, organizations, and regional/national governments to participate in climate action. Advocate for ambitious measures and strategies to drive systemic changes, urging stakeholders and policymakers to step up.
- Foster connections: Collaborate with like-minded individuals and engage with stakeholders from all over Europe. Share information on EU climate policy and initiatives to enhance knowledge and collaboration in climate action.
Benefits of the European Climate Pact Ambassadors Program
Here are the benefits and opportunities that Pact Ambassadors will receive:
- Official recognition from the European Commission and the publication of a public profile on the Pact website.
- Access to a pan-European network consisting of over 500 Pact Ambassadors.
- Access to valuable resources and toolkits on climate change, climate action, the Climate Pact, and effective ways to engage and communicate with others regarding climate-related subjects.
- Access to Pact-branded material for online use, including websites and social media.
- Opportunities to gain visibility for your climate action and advocacy through the Pact website and the Pact’s social media channels.
- Opportunities to participate in Pact events that take place across Europe.
- Access to online and in-person workshops with policy experts who specialize in climate action-related topics.
- Ad-hoc capacity-building support to enhance knowledge and skills.
To become a Pact Ambassador, you are expected to fulfill the following criteria:
- Be a resident of an EU Member State.
- As a Pact Ambassador, you are required to make a commitment to climate action. This commitment should include a list of three tangible actions that you will undertake throughout the year.
- This commitment may involve engaging with a group at the community level, such as a school, community association, youth association, business network, or peer network. Alternatively, it could involve a communication activity on a local, national, or international platform.
- Some examples of actions include delivering a talk or presentation, organizing, hosting, or facilitating an event, workshop, or focus group, writing an article, blog post, or communication piece on topics related to climate change, green transition, sustainability awareness, advocacy, education, or behavior change. Also, coordinating a climate action project, campaign, or initiative is another viable option.
- They strongly encourage commitments and actions that target individuals or groups with limited knowledge about climate issues and those who currently have lower levels of engagement in climate action efforts.
- Successfully finish the onboarding course provided through e-learning within a three-week timeframe.
- Attend and actively engage in a minimum of two events organized by the Pact Secretariat and two events led by Country Coordinators during your tenure.
- Maintain regular communication and promptly respond to any requests from Country Coordinators and the Secretariat.
- Fulfill the annual reporting obligations as part of the Ambassadorship renewal process.
- Adhere to the values of the Climate Pact and abide by the guidelines set forth by the Secretariat when conducting your activities, including guidelines pertaining to the use of the Pact’s visual identity.
You are also expected to:
- Actively participate in online groups within the Pact Community at least once every three months.
- Utilize your networks and communication channels to spread the word about Pact’s messages, campaigns, and opportunities to join as a Pact Ambassador or become part of the wider Pact Community.
- Share your accomplishments within the Pact through social media, available communication channels provided by the Pact Secretariat, and/or visibility campaigns conducted by Pact Ambassadors.
- Engage in local, national, regional, or European events with the guidance and assistance of your Country Coordinator or the Pact Secretariat.
European Climate Pact Ambassadors Program – How To Apply
- To commence your application, click on the apply button.
- For more details about the program visit Climate Pact Ambassadors.
October 15, 2023.
More Related Content
- Brand Ambassador Job with Visa Sponsorship – APPLY NOW
- Fully Funded European Commission Peace Ambassador Scholarship – Apply Now
- Africa Matters Ambassadors Program for Young African Leaders
- Michigan State University Global Ambassador Grant Scholarship – Apply Now!
- Climate Creatives Challenge 2023 – APPLY NOW