The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is offering invaluable opportunities to African researchers through the DAAD/NELGA Short-Stay Research Fellowship Program 2023.
We shall be exploring in this post, the details of this remarkable program that has the potential to shape the future of land governance research in Africa. If this interests you, kindly read through to find out how to apply.
DAAD/NELGA Short-Stay Research Fellowship Overview
The German Academic Exchange Service otherwise referred to as DAAD, is funded by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. It has taken on the noble task of supporting the Network of Excellence for Land Governance in Africa (NELGA).
NELGA has a collaborative partnership with over 70 highly esteemed African universities and research institutions. It has distinguished itself through its dedication to education, training, and research in the field of land governance.
About German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) serves as a vital link between Germany and the world, it represents 365 higher education institutions in Germany. While it doesn’t offer courses or study programs itself, it empowers deserving individuals with competitive, merit-based grants to pursue their studies and research in Germany.
This support extends to 100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied sciences, and 52 colleges of music and art. Let’s discuss the benefits of the Short-Stay Research Fellowship program.
Benefits of DAAD/NELGA Short-Stay Research Fellowship
The DAAD/NELGA Short-Stay Research Fellowship comes with amazing benefits to African researchers. Therefore, all successfully selected applicants can look forward to:
- Travel Allowance: Fellows receive a flat-rate travel allowance, which varies depending on their location. It ranges from EUR 280 for in-country travel to EUR 980 for out-of-region destinations.
- Monthly Research Allowance: In addition to the travel allowance, fellows receive a monthly research allowance of EUR 460. This financial support ensures that scholars can focus on their research without financial burdens.
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD/NELGA Short-Stay Research Fellowship 2023
Just like any prestigious fellowship program, Participating in this Short-Stay Research Fellowship requires applicants to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants should have a minimum of a first university degree (undergraduate) at a recognized institution of higher education.
- Applicants should either be enrolled at one of the NELGA partner universities or associated institutions or be a staff member at these institutions.
- Successful candidates are expected to return to their studies or duty station at the end of the fellowship, ensuring knowledge transfer and continued contributions to their home institutions.
- Applicants must be nationals of an African country to be eligible for this Fellowship
- Candidates should secure a leave of absence from their home institution to conduct a field study as part of the fellowship.
Selection Criteria for DAAD/NELGA Short-Stay Research Fellowship
The selection process for a Short-Stay Research Fellowship is rigorous. It places emphasis on the following criteria:
- Research Project: Applicants must present a well-planned research project that demonstrates its significance and potential impact.
- Academic Achievements: Academic excellence is highly regarded, and applicants’ previous achievements will be evaluated.
- Relevance to Research Topics: The proposal’s alignment with the research topics outlined in the factsheet accompanying the call for applications is essential.
- Additional Documentation: Any supplementary documents supporting the research proposal’s academic relevance or showcasing the applicant’s extracurricular activities will be taken into account.
- Special Consideration: Special consideration will be given to proposals addressing cross-border areas and topics highlighted in the factsheet. Applicants who completed the MOOC on “Land and Conflict” by AUF and the University of Youndé I will also receive extra attention.
How to Apply for DAAD/NELGA Short-Stay Research Fellowship
To apply for the Short-Stay Research Fellowship 2023;
- Kindly initiate the application process by registering online via the DAAD-Portal at https://portal.daad.de/
- Click the link above to complete the online application if you’re not already registered
- You might want to avoid wrong or inaccurate details as that will attract a decline of your application
Documents Required for Application
To complete the application process for the DAAD/NELGA Short-Stay Research Fellowship successfully, applicants need to provide the following documents:
- DAAD application form, duly filled and available in the DAAD Portal.
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae with a list of publications if applicable.
- A detailed description of the research proposal and a summary of previous research work (maximum of 10 pages).
- A weekly schedule outlining planned research activities.
- A letter confirming supervision by an academic adviser at the host institute, affirming the availability of a workspace (not applicable for field studies).
- Copies of university diplomas, certificates, and transcripts of all academic examinations, including an explanation of the grading system.
- A recent reference from a university teacher provided insights into the applicant’s qualifications.
October 12, 2023.
More Related Content
- DAAD Study Scholarships 2024 – DAAD Scholarship in Music Fields | APPLY NOW
- DAAD Masters Degree Scholarships for International Students in Germany
- University Winter Courses 2024 | APPLY NOW
- DAAD Leadership For Africa Master’s Scholarship 2024/2024 for East Africa – Study In Germany
- DAAD Scholarships 2022 in Germany Fully Funded – How to Apply
Check These Out Also:
- Tarbell Fellowship 2024 for Early-Career Journalists (Up to $50,000 stipends) – APPLY NOW
- Trinity Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admission Process
- University of Queensland Free IELTS Academic Test Preparation 2023 – APPLY NOW
- Berkeley’s Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program 2023/24 – APPLY NOW
- Global Korea Scholarships (GKS) 2024 in South Korea – APPLY NOW