The University of California, Berkeley, is inviting suitably qualified candidates from Sub-Saharan African countries, to apply for the 2023-24 edition of Berkeley’s Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program. This is a prestigious program designed to support postgraduate studies of African students at the University of California, Berkeley, USA.
This program aligns with a ten-year partnership between the Center for African Studies and the Mastercard Foundation, which is aimed at supporting up to 108 Master’s degree academically talented students from the Sub-Saharan African countries. Students are, however, willing and dedicated to bringing about transformative change on the continent of Africa.
If you’re a postgraduate African student studying at UC Berkeley, and hail from the Sub-Saharan nations, this program is for you. Women applicants are encouraged especially those living with disabilities, or internally displaced people.
Berkeley’s Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program Summary
- Sponsored by: Center for African Studies and Mastercard Foundation
- Scholarship Type: Full Funding
- Host Institution: University of California, Berkeley.
- Scholarship Worth: Not specified
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
- Eligible Nationality: Africans
- Application Deadline: Not Specified
Those interested in the Berkeley Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program must fulfill the following criteria in order to be considered:
- Candidates must have citizenship in a Sub-Saharan African nation, and this includes Africans who are displaced or refugees within Africa.
- Candidates from North African nations are not eligible to apply
- Applicants with dual citizenship, asylee, refugee, or permanent resident status in the US, Canada, UK, or EU, are not eligible to apply
- Prospective Scholars for this award are expected to have already secured a place for a master’s program at UC Berkeley. Please note that academic excellence as evidenced is a key requirement for admission to the university.
- The Program targets participants who are dedicated to acquiring the knowledge and perspectives necessary for transformative leadership, or leadership that engages others in a morally responsible way to bring about long-lasting change.
- This Scholarship is intended for those exceptionally gifted people who might not otherwise be able to pursue high-quality further education.
- Candidates must have demonstrated commitment to giving back to their home community, country, or continent.
- Applicants are expected to go into more detail about their accomplishments in both their UC Berkeley application and their subsequent scholarship application.
How to Apply for Berkeley’s Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program?
Are you Interested and eligible for Berkeley’s Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program 2024? Apply by following the guide below:
- Apply for admission to pursue a graduate program at UC Berkeley before you can be considered for the Mastercard Foundations Scholars Program.
- Upon Successful applications for admission into an eligible program at Berkeley, proceed to apply for a UC Berkeley Mastercard Foundation program via this link: https://mcfscholarsprogram.berkeley.edu/apply-be-uc-berkeley-mastercard-foundation-scholar
- You can Visit the official website given for more information https://mcfscholarsprogram.berkeley.edu/
The application deadline Varies according to the Program.
More Related Content
- University of California Berkeley: What is the GPA Requirement for University of California Berkeley?
- University of California Free Online Courses 2023-2024 – APPLY NOW
- University of California Berkeley Acceptance Rate 2023
- African Legal Impact Scholarships 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- Best Law Schools in the World