The Climate Finance Accelerator (CFA) Nigeria, is inviting proposals for it’s CFA Global Technical Assistance Programme 2023.
CFA, is a global technical assistance programme funded by the UK government, the programme is designed to directly support climate projects to access finance. Meanwhile, The CFA operates in nine countries which are; Nigeria, Colombia, South Africa, Turkey, Mexico, Peru, Pakistan, Egypt, and Vietnam.
The operations of CFA in the above-mentioned countries are to encourage the flows of finance required to deliver on countries’ ambition to limit global warming to 1.5°C.
CFA Global Technical Assistance Programme
The activities of the Climate Finance Accelerator (CFA) in Nigeria, is to bring together the key actors in the climate finance investment chain: project proponents and developers, finance providers, and policymakers.
The Organization seeks to facilitate a collaborative approach to unlocking finance for climate projects at scale.
In addition, creating a pipeline of investment-ready low-carbon projects. CFA also intends to deliver several co-benefits, such as supporting a just transition and green recovery efforts from COVID-19 through inclusive approaches to sustainable development, improved gender equality, and building resilience to climate impacts.
Summary of the CFA Global Technical Assistance Programme
- Organization: Climate Finance Accelerator (CFA)
- Country: Nigeria
- Gender: Open to both Men and Women
- Application status: Open
- Application Deadline: The last date for submission of the application is February 17, 2023
About Climate Finance Accelerator (CFA)
Commonly referred to as CFA, The Climate Finance Accelerator, is a global technical assistance programme funded by the UK government to directly support climate projects to access finance.
The programme has operations in nine countries which includes Nigeria, Colombia, South Africa, Turkey, Mexico, Peru, Pakistan, Egypt, and Vietnam.
It seeks to encourage the flows of finance required in these regions to deliver on countries’ ambition to limit global warming to 1.5°C.
Benefits of CFA Global Technical Assistance Programme 2023
Project developers will enjoy the following benefits by engaging with the CFA programme:
- Access to investors: The program provides opportunities for project developers to access finance by working directly with potential investors to understand their needs and develop their projects accordingly.
- Coaching and best practice insights: Expert insight and coaching are made available to developers through knowledge-sharing sessions on what matters to financiers when taking the decision to invest. Additionally, project developers will gain valuable insights and develop capabilities in making projects attractive and investment ready.
- Networking opportunities: Opportunity to network with investors and other key stakeholders in the climate finance landscape, including government representatives at the national and local levels, national and international development banks
- Increased visibility: Taking part in CFA Nigeria and key events can accelerate the profile of a project amongst a range of stakeholders from regional and national policymakers.
- Achieving low carbon project objectives: Projects will be supported to realize and communicate their positive impacts.
How to Apply CFA Global Technical Assistance Programme 2023?
- The CFA Nigeria is open for applications from climate projects seeking support in accessing finance until the deadline mentioned in this post
- The application process is designed for Projects that are aligned with CFA objective of facilitating climate projects to access finance.
- Some personal details will be required during consideration of the proposal such as name, email address, and phone number for a main contact or contacts submitting the proposal.
- For more details, visit the CFA website on: https://s.alchemer.eu/s3/CFA-Nigeria
Eligibility Criteria for CFA Global Technical Assistance Programme Qualification
- The Climate Finance Accelerator (CFA) Nigeria is open for applications from climate projects seeking support in accessing finance.
- Projects must be designed to achieve measurable climate outcomes in terms of direct or facilitated greenhouse gas emission reductions;
- The project must have a minimum total financing need of $5M
- The project must have an already proven concept, at least pre-feasibility stage, with distinct elements of scalability (especially if below $10m)
- Must have a business model that will generate commercially viable returns in the long-term
- Projects must show positive social impacts and contribute to furthering gender equality and social inclusion
February 17, 2023.
More Related Content
- Sahara Group Graduate Management Trainee Program 2023 for Nigerian Graduates – How to Apply
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2023 for Nigerian Graduates – Call for Application
- RSTMH Early Career Grants Programme 2023 for Researchers Worldwide (Up to £5,000)
- Mawazo Fellowship Programme 2023 for African Students – How to Apply
- McDonald Fellowships 2023 Fully Funded – How to Apply