Call for Nominations, for the UNDP Growth Stage Impact Ventures (GSIV) Programme 2023 is Open. GSIV is committed to the achievement of the SDGs program 2023 in Nigeria.
UNDP Growth Stage Impact Ventures (GSIV) Programme 2023
The Growth Stage Impact Ventures (GSIV) programme is very competitive, it seeks to identify enterprises from developing countries that have developed at-scale products and services and also have contributed to the SDGs while achieving commercial success.
UNDP Provides support and also showcases these Ventures with the aim of bringing forward evidence of the existence of pipelines of investable ventures that can advance the transition to SDG-aligned investment in developing countries.
The UNDP Growth Stage Impact Ventures (GSIV) programme will focus on the findings gotten from the Nigeria SDGs Investor Map. This SDGs Investor map is a market intelligence tool designed to help private investors identify investment opportunity areas and business models that advance the SDGs.
It also revealed market insights around five sectors aligned with the national development needs and policy priorities of the country, where private capital can make a difference to people and the planet.
Summary of UNDP Growth Stage Impact Ventures Programme 2023
- Type of Program: Entrepreneurship
- Host Organization: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Country: Nigeria
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2023
Advantages and Benefits of the UNDP Growth Stage Impact Ventures Programme
- Successfully selected ventures who emerge as finalists will be endorsed by UNDP and will receive capacity building and training to improve their impact management and to enhance their investment readiness and core business areas.
- In addition, finalists will be exposed and directed towards opportunities for accessing financing from among the network of partners of the GSIV, including UNCDF’s funding mechanisms.
- UNDP will extend to all finalist ventures an invitation to attend and pitch their solution during a UNDP event the International Investment Forum organized in collaboration with the Impact Investment Foundation in Nigeria, in late 2023.
- Through the GSIV Program, entrepreneurs will have access to networks of investors, and corporate and institutional partners to build support systems to scale into new markets.
About United Nations Development Programme UNDP
UNDP was formally established in the year 1965 by the General Assembly of the United Nations. The Organization has operations in 170 countries and provides assistance to eliminate poverty, reduce inequalities and exclusion, and build resilience so countries can move forward (Make progress).
How to Apply for the UNDP Growth Stage Impact Ventures (GSIV) Programme 2023?
- To apply for the UNDP GSIV Program, Qualified Candidates should access the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Applications link found below: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FJsRcgZZPGNvg/viewform?usp=sf_link
- UNDP Official website: https://www.undp.org/nigeria/news/call-nominations-impact-ventures-committed-achievement-sdgs-2023-programme-nigeria
Conditions for the Growth Stage Impact Ventures Programme 2023
- Geographic criteria: This Program is aimed at promoting the development of the private sector in Nigeria. Therefore, only ventures in Nigeria, with a management team and workforce primarily based in Nigeria and providing products and services mostly in Nigeria and other African countries, are eligible to apply
- Business model criteria: Ventures will be evaluated via business model criteria covering their impact, financial record, investment, innovation, team profile, and scalability.
- Thematic criteria: Only Ventures operating in one of the following seven sectors will be considered for the selection process: Food & Agriculture, Renewable Resources and Alternative Energy, Infrastructure, Technology, Communication, Health Care, Consumer Goods, and Services.
February 28, 2023.
More Related Content
- Leakey Foundation Baldwin Fellowship Program 2023 for Developing Countries – How to Apply!
- TMU Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023 for African Students – How to Apply
- OGDCL Internship Program 2023 In Pakistan – How to Apply
- WIPO Global Awards Competition 2023 for Entrepreneurs In Geneva Switzerland – How to Apply
- Singapore International Foundation (SIF) – YSE Global Program 2023 (Join as a Participant)